Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soxfan24

Fewer pimples on Doxycycline

I have been on Monodox doxcycline for almost 2 months now. I will say that it really improved my back and has reduced the number of breakouts on my face. However, it seems that I have been getting more cysts on my forhead then usual. I used to get 2 or 3 a month but I have had at least one active one on my forhead for about 3 weeks. I noticed that when I was briefly on Erythromycin I didnt really get cysts but I had more pusutles. These things on my forhead really hurt and they get really red even if I dont touch them. Thinking back now, I kinda remember getting alot of these forhead things when I was taking Minocycline a few years ago. I dont know if it is just a coincidence or if there is some correlation. I know its seems backwards but could it have anything to do with the Doxcycline? Anyone else have this problem?

hey soxfan. I recently started taking doxycycline for my pimples as well. Call me crazy, but i noitced some random scarring (in areas where there is no pimples) whilst on doxy. I dont know why i got them or if doxy was the cause.

Do u have any sideffects with doxy (i.e. diarrhea)? Also do you take probiotics?

No and no. I have developed some stomach irritation after almost 7 years of different antibiotics but thats it. Once and awhile (like 2 or 3 times a year) I get some pretty serious stomach pain. I have to be careful to take my pills with food and not eat too much spicy food, but I can pretty much control it. My face has gotten alot better since I wrote this post. I think the cysts may have been part of an initial breakout.

After so many yrs and switching back and forth the antibiotics can become immune to certain bacteria.

Dunno if that has anything to do w/it...just me 2 cents