Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Spy

Can I take Ginkgo Biloba whilst on Accutane?

Hey guys. I've been suffering from a chronic case of 'brain fog' for years now, and nothing seems to work. I'm on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet with plenty of meat and vegetables as the main course. I also get plenty of sleep (quality's worsening though since I haven't exercised for a while), so a likely culprit, I believe, is probably candida. I've taken at least a year's worth of Oxytetracycline antibiotics for my acne (in multiple courses over a couple of years), which worked on the first course but failed to do it's job with the recurring acne afterwards (as if they simply have no effect anymore). I used to eat loads of junk food with plenty of sugar before, yet suffered no hypoglycemic symptoms such as low blood sugar, etc.

I wish to be rid of this persistent fogginess, and wish to test both probiotics (Lactobacillus Acidophilus supplement with 3 billion active cultures at time of manufacturing, from Holland & Barrett) as well as Ginkgo Biloba, a herb which is consistently mentioned in brain-fog related articles with its purported benefits of increasing blood flow to the brain. Perhaps an overly-sedentary lifestyle has slowed me down mentally, and I plan on sorting that out completely as soon as my Accutane course is finished (less than 2 months left!). My only question is, will Ginkgo Biloba be safe to use during my course? I think that Ginkgo Biloba thins your blood, so I was wondering if Accutane did the same.

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by The Spy