Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well ive got a cyst (i think dormat cyst which is under the surface and hasnt come up) it is flat but hurts when i poke it (which i shouldnt be doing i know) anywys ive been banging on about this on many of my post because if i didnt have this i would be somewhat happy with my skin. i already have a massive red mark from where it is and its been there for MONTHS.

i cant seem to get rid of it and ive tried everything. bp only seems to work for time being and then it gets irritated and starts hurting again when i dont. ive tried vit E which healed it though it hurts and still hasnt come up. ive tried icing. acv, im now using emu oil on it but no progress.

well ive ordered samples from pauls choice because ive heard good reviews on her products, and it also contains aha. do you think that will do the trick and battle it before it comes to surface. dan says it does on this website somewhere though not in detail.

have you guys tried aha when spot treating and what were your results?

im not seeming to get many replies :cry: and im really upset because its ruining my whole face.

im on dans regimen and been on it for about 70 days and i have progress its just tht cyst thingy which has been there even BEFORE i started the regimen and thats AGES.

ive had enough

will someone be kind and help me out??????????

If you think it's still an active cyst then wow, that's a long time to have it. If it's really major then I've heard you can have a dermatologist inject it with cortisone or something to shrink it down almost immediately. Otherwise AHA sounds like a good bet. I've never used it, although I really want to try it. From what I've heard it can help stop those deep cysts. I always use BP as a spot treatment and get pretty good results but I think if you have AHA then that would probably be better. See a derm if you can because like I said, that's a long time to have one lay under the skin and a simple shot could probably resolve it. I've never had it done but if I were getting desperate I'd probably want to try that. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you :comfort:

idont think you can get the shots in the uk. also my derm doesnt think my acnes that bad it gets moderate at its worst which im overcoming with the regimen. however ive had about 3/ 4 cyst and this being one of them im clear if i didnt have this. the shot isnt an option for me.

any topicals anyone?

surely anyone??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moved to the Severe Acne board.

People are responding. Freebird91 responded, and, now, so have I.

AHA can work as a spot treatment if you catch the pimple very early on. If you've already got a cyst forming, I'm not so cure the AHA will help all that much. As freebird mentioned, you may want to visit a derm at this point.

i have been to the derm but hes like theres nothing i can do and to leave it alone ive hd it for a few months now and its not coming to the surface. i donno whats wrong with it. im puttin emu oil on it nd its faded it alot in the past week than it as done in months. im just cared im going to get another cyst on top of it but ill just have to deal with it i guess. other thn this im happy with my face nd i have no active acne. my marks are slowly fading and they are little i have very little tiny scring i think but it desnt bother me too much. its just that mrk thing. the areas still flat maybe itll just go away because i think it would have come to the surface by now.

I really do not have any great advise for you, but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have had this cyst on my chin for 2 months. I am tired of it! I hate going out of the house and don't even want my husband to look at me. I hurts so badly and just when is seems to be getting better, it gets worse. Where is our overnight miracle cure? I know, it doesn't exist. Hang in there!

oh i know! :( glad to know im not the only one and yes it is frustrting nd embarasing. and i also hide my face from people even family

I haven't decided which looks worse... trying to cover it with a glob of makeup that doesn't blend or letting everyone see how red, ugly and painful it is? Thoughts?

well ive got a cyst (i think dormat cyst which is under the surface and hasnt come up) it is flat but hurts when i poke it (which i shouldnt be doing i know) anywys ive been banging on about this on many of my post because if i didnt have this i would be somewhat happy with my skin. i already have a massive red mark from where it is and its been there for MONTHS.

i cant seem to get rid of it and ive tried everything. bp only seems to work for time being and then it gets irritated and starts hurting again when i dont. ive tried vit E which healed it though it hurts and still hasnt come up. ive tried icing. acv, im now using emu oil on it but no progress.

well ive ordered samples from pauls choice because ive heard good reviews on her products, and it also contains aha. do you think that will do the trick and battle it before it comes to surface. dan says it does on this website somewhere though not in detail.

have you guys tried aha when spot treating and what were your results?

im not seeming to get many replies :cry: and im really upset because its ruining my whole face.

im on dans regimen and been on it for about 70 days and i have progress its just tht cyst thingy which has been there even BEFORE i started the regimen and thats AGES.

ive had enough

will someone be kind and help me out??????????

I too get cysts that last for months and months. I have 2 currently, one for 6 months the other for 3. I've never found anything that gets rid of them quickly. I got them injected today (cordisone) and we'll see how that works. Good luck!

I used to get those tho mine never red just a lump. Nothing u really can do. Let it be and heal on its own. I mean if the derm said there's nothing he can do thsn nothing csn be done...sorry :(

I used to get those tho mine never red just a lump. Nothing u really can do. Let it be and heal on its own. I mean if the derm said there's nothing he can do thsn nothing csn be done...sorry :(

Hi FBAL, you say that you used to get them so I assume you dont have them anymore... do you know what stopped you getting them?

I ask because i get the same as this, big swollen lumps-sometimes theyre red and painful othertimes theyr not red just swollen.

I am using AHA lotion at the moment. It is not really a direct treatment for acne but i have found acne targeted products just make my skin sore & worse. So I am using it to infirectly improve my skin. The good thing is you dont have to use exfoliator to have human coloured skin (as opposed to looking like a corpse), & this is good as exfoliating face washes can aggravate acne & make spots that are already torn open worse.

It also makes my skin look relatively matt compared to a normal moisturiser. And it feels nice on the skin so Im less tempted to keep touching my skin.

\therefore it is indirectly helping. and its anti-aging. therefore i am loving the stuff at the moment. even though i am still getting some new & nasty spots they are not as bad as before as im not adding to the irritation that is acne formed by god knows what - hormones probably.

did the derm put you on any pills? :o

my cysts stopped getting so deep and painful during the summer. and then i was put on solodyn. i think my acne is not as bad now b/c of solodyn. but solodyn does not prevent acne. -_- not for me.

i would still suggest icing it (numb the pain a bit. but don't over do it. i think, even if it doesn't really help that much, it will make you feel a bit better) and using a spot treatment on it over night. since you are using emu oil it might be healing faster. so ice a little and then use emu oil :)? emu oil is like a moisturizer so i think it's safe to combine another spot treatment on top of it. like a mask :D