Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadd13

can sleep be a big factor for acne?

Had mild but consistent acne for over a year now, and currently on differin and bactrim, there's no way i can get accutane as its no where serious enough so this is as good as its gonna get treatment wise for me, I've noticed Mondays to Fridays a couple small whiteheads will start to go away and then Fridays & Saturdays ill break out and have a couple tiny new ones and the cycle goes on and on, im 18 currently doing yr 12 at school and i have the worst sleeping pattern, i sleep at 2-3 and wake up around 7 for school :S , on weekends it gets worst, i go out (clubbing, party's etc.) and drink and get home 4-5, does anyone know if this lifestyle could be a big factor in my acne or someone who been through this, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I never get the right amount of sleep. I go to bed at different times every night

sometimes i'll only get 3-4 hours and then other times i'll get 10-12 hours.

Never really fought about it. I look worse when i've had little sleep

and i guess sleep helps your body heal itself so it must be importent

saying that i don't think it's the cause.

Irregular signs like insomnia are most likely just symptoms of the overall problem in your body, just like acne. I had very bad insomnia for years along with tons of other symptoms that I thought were normal, only to find out there is one big issue in the body, leading to many different smaller but significant issues. Do try your best to get a good night's sleep, but there IS something causing it, and you need to find out what it is.

Guest Timehealsall

what defines a good nights sleep? I sleep 8-10 hours a day, more during the summer, but i do not go to bed by 11-12. I usually sleep anywhere from 2-4 and i wake up late as well. Does that constitute as good nights sleep?

what defines a good nights sleep? I sleep 8-10 hours a day, more during the summer, but i do not go to bed by 11-12. I usually sleep anywhere from 2-4 and i wake up late as well. Does that constitute as good nights sleep?

It's not just the sleep but your cycle of exposure to light and dark. Which is why it's healthier to be in bed asleep around 11 and up in the morning and out into the light.

Edited by alternativista