Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dermadude

What really works people?

:wall: OK WTF I hear so many good thingsa about smooth beam and then I hear about how its a fraud. fisrt of all if its fda aproved does it count for something

I get excited for a while but then somebody shoots it down saying certain things are fraud. are there no hope for scars? are all derms retarded and have different opinions on scar on treatment..come on now there supposed to be doctors of skin give me a break.. majority of suergons are a joke and want there money and every other derm will dispute what another has said!!!! :wall:

The reason i'm so pissed off is I used to have just icepicks but the doc screwed up my face worse. If i had one wish i would give him my scar so he would understand :twisted: so now im back to step 1 pr maybe back a few steps

1wnated to do smoothbeam but now it seems hopeless cause of the comment of how its a fraud

2. hayluronic acid sounds nice

3.amino spray to help heal my skin

4 tca cross for shallow scarred pores

this what i plan on using since im to broke after the botched dermabrasion

god I wish i never did it :doh:

Oh and the last thing is ive heard people talking about tca cross for boxcar but since your using a toothpick how in the heck would you apply it to a larger area

Dermadude, You said you used to have ice-picks only, but the doc screwed it up more? What did he do? How's it now? Also, how was your dermabrasion botched? Who did your dermabrasion?

Info on SmoothBeam: www.smoothbeam.com

There is definitely hope to improve scarring. There is tons of helpful info on this board. It's best to read a lot - do your research and then decide what's the best option for your type of scarring. Also, what works for some might not work for you and vice versa.

When choosing a Dr. you can search for the Docs name on this board, and see if anyone else has had good/bad experiences. You can ask for the opinions of others before proceeding with a particular scar treatment.

Hyaluronic Acid is a good moisturizer.

Amino-plex spray is excellent for recovery after invasive procedures

TCA CROSS is mainly used for pitted scarring, such as icepick scarring. Don't do it unless you read the paper about it because you risk further scarring.

Topics in which people ask what works:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&highlite=works

The doc actually recommended dermabrasion for the ice picks when now I talk to numerous docs they tell me it actually makes the scar appear worse becaues all he it doing is exposing the scar more when he trys to smooth the surrounding skin.

if you think about it it really make sense how it would mess it up.... <_<

LETS JUST SAY FALHNHART IT LOOKS LIKE A CHECKERSBOARD AND PICTURE THE RED PIECES BEING INDENTED AND THE GOOD SKIN BEING BLACK :wall:

ousfan ive read every post about smoothbeam and done research on it but who can afford the treatment ment for 400 buck a session here in MN shock.gif and not guarenteed to work after 4-5 treatment plus what people have been say recently about the treatment on this board on how it doesnt work shock.gif

It tests your patience. If you are willing to wait for the laser to actually stimulate your collagen it will work. However, it's usually best for rolling scars, not ice pick scars. It has done absolutely nothing for my one deep scar. Also this board goes through phases. At one point people thought any dermabrasion was barbaric. Now it looks like the oldest most ruthless treatment is also one of the most highly recommended.

well the thing is now i have indent and rolling scars now. not any icepicks but I would definetly would rather take the ice pick scars back any day

Dermadude, Aren't ice-picks harder to treat than indents or rolling scars? You could have those filled, or dermabraded, right?

ice picks can now be treated with tca cross with a lot of good results but tell me this. what looks worse in day to day life, tiny little icepick that can't be seen until up close or indent scarring which was never seen before appear during any condtion, day, night ,close or far

plus majority of fillers are not permenent and im never going to do dermabrasion ever again simoly because of cost , downtime and very bad experience

You can try something like subcision or maybe just give it a rest for a bit. You have been through Hell and maybe you should take a break.

When did you have your dermabrasion? Maybe you are still healing and can take some collagen helping supplements like zinc, ALA, HA, Vit. E, etc. From what some others have said about dermabrasion you are still producing collagen for a bit so there may still be hope.

As for what really works, well, that is dependent on so many things and varies so much from person to person that no one here can say. You have to assess your skin and scars and do a lot of research before you commit to any procedure. Make sure you know every possible risk and are willing to accept it if it happens to you. Even the best Dr.'s make mistakes and sometimes our skin reacts badly to something.