Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im on 60mg of accutane, ive heard about people who have bad acne and are only on 20mg. Just wondering as my acne wasnt severe, i had a few red marks and sometimes acne that would come back after a few weeks, am i on a stronger dose so the acne will go away quicker? or does it not work like that?

Well doctor's prescribe dosage based on your body weight I believe, not necessarily on the severity. May I ask how much you weigh? Because 60mg is a lot for most women.

my acne wasn't horrible and i was on 60mg for a couple months. it all has to do with ur accumlated dose and ur weight. the people who take 20mg might take it for longer than 6 months. while someone like u might take 60mg but for a shorter amount of time. it adds up to the same amount.

i weigh 124 and im on 60 as well, i started out with 40 for the first month and my skin was purging like no other, then on month 2 i went on 60 and after a week of being on 60 it cleared up almost completely and i havent had any side effects. my acne wasnt severe either, it was just persistant

Edited by beachbum81

stronger dose is good. Might as well especially if you don't want to go on a second round of accutane.