Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Balance Bird

Fiber, Proiotics, and candida

I just started increasing my fiber by drinking one cup of carrot juice in the morning and one in the night, and by take Metamucil twice a day with probiotics. i hope to see improvements. Not to be no gross but i do not poop every day. And my dad and little brothers (perfect skin btw) go 3 or more times a day!

I also have keratis pilaris and dry skin. The acne i have is barely any at all on my back now (use to have really bad bacne) and some jawline cheekne. Wish me luck!

Also i do not consume dairy products and try to eat very healthy, never touch soda, and drink a ton of water.

ok so i have a theory that people that have hormonal imbalance or hormone problems, it's just their body not being able to handle the extra hormones, and you know what does, fiber. This is why when people eat healthy aka more fruits and veggies, fiber, their skin seems to get better.

I mean i believe is this whole caveman thing, if we were to not develop all these artificial sweet foods and be eating food we catch and grow, not buy, everything would be healthy. Our bodies just can't handle the stuff, well us with acne. So i believe we may need even more fiber. I am going to increase my fiber to 4 times a day, with meta. See how it goes. I take probiotics as i drink the meta, and take grape seed for candida.

I eat pretty healthy, every now and then i will have a muffin, i can't deal with that candida diet, i hope to rid myself of it without that starving diet.

Edited by Crystaltheparislover

Many of us believe our skin disorders are internal issues so I think youre going in the right direction.

I just had a question about the carrot juice, do you juice carrots yourself or buy it from the store? I ask because the fiber from a carrot is from the solid fibrous nondigestible matter. Some juicers discard most of the fiber for easier consumption.

You're taking metamucil anyhow so all should be fine.

good luck.

Magnesium can help with constipation especially if you have candida. I take a lot of vitamin c too which is very helpful. Using herbs that help with digestion such as ginger can help but the #1 thing you probably need is a good probiotic supplement. If you're okay with a little sugar have a plain yogurt with a LAC seal (live and active cultures).

Many of us believe our skin disorders are internal issues so I think youre going in the right direction.

I just had a question about the carrot juice, do you juice carrots yourself or buy it from the store? I ask because the fiber from a carrot is from the solid fibrous nondigestible matter. Some juicers discard most of the fiber for easier consumption.

good luck.

oh dear! i juice the carrots. So i am not getting fiber from the carots?! awww drats cause they taste soo good, but i put two celery sticks, one apple, and a pepper in with the carrots.

I am very new to this site. how do i fix the section that my topic is under?

oh dear! i juice the carrots. So i am not getting fiber from the carots?! awww drats cause they taste soo good, but i put two celery sticks, one apple, and a pepper in with the carrots.

Use a blender and add water. Only a mod can move the thread to another location. I doubt your problem is fiber, btw.

good luck.

If you juice it yourself its allright.

Edited by joris

I just started increasing my fiber by drinking one cup of carrot juice in the morning and one in the night, and by take Metamucil twice a day with probiotics. i hope to see improvements. Not to be no gross but i do not poop every day. And my dad and little brothers (perfect skin btw) go 3 or more times a day!

I also have keratis pilaris and dry skin. The acne i have is barely any at all on my back now (use to have really bad bacne) and some jawline cheekne. Wish me luck!

Also i do not consume dairy products and try to eat very healthy, never touch soda, and drink a ton of water.

i find this information fascinating, that you even made the choice to observe the differences between bowel frequency and skin quality. I had too come to the conclusion that i should at least be having 2 a day, when i usually have one. when my skin was its best, i was having two per day and consuming the most fiber from multiple grain sources, psyllium supps, and beans.

just recently i was able to take 3 bms 3 days in a row and my skin became really thin and smooth, absolutly ridiculous, when all these experts have convinced me for years to slather chemical over my face and somehow that would improve my health, they are not even in the ballpark when they think they understand what is going on with our bodys.

i do believe 3x a day is required for optimal health, but of course that is my opinion.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Juicing takes out the fiber in a fruit or a veggie. The best thing to do is to eat it fresh. Do not over drink carrot juice because it bad for candida (in high amounts). Eat alot of diffrent types of veggies throughout the day.

i find this information fascinating, that you even made the choice to observe the differences between bowel frequency and skin quality. I had too come to the conclusion that i should at least be having 2 a day, when i usually have one. when my skin was its best, i was having two per day and consuming the most fiber from multiple grain sources, psyllium supps, and beans.

just recently i was able to take 3 bms 3 days in a row and my skin became really thin and smooth, absolutly ridiculous, when all these experts have convinced me for years to slather chemical over my face and somehow that would improve my health, they are not even in the ballpark when they think they understand what is going on with our bodys.

i do believe 3x a day is required for optimal health, but of course that is my opinion.

There is on thread on here about how eating raisins can make your acne diminish. That brings me back to the idea that everyone who has acne is malnourished..just a thought.

There is on thread on here about how eating raisins can make your acne diminish. That brings me back to the idea that everyone who has acne is malnourished..just a thought.

oh yes! i too believe that acne sufferes have something messed up with their system. I mean you think the pilgrims had acne? They did not consume as much milk and horrible things as us. Fiber i hope will help. When i went all the time my skin was better.

yes yes~!! i would like to get 3 or more!! fiber fiber probiotis is the key i hope/

yes yes~!! i would like to get 3 or more!! fiber fiber probiotis is the key i hope/

Magnesium can help with constipation especially if you have candida. I take a lot of vitamin c too which is very helpful. Using herbs that help with digestion such as ginger can help but the #1 thing you probably need is a good probiotic supplement. If you're okay with a little sugar have a plain yogurt with a LAC seal (live and active cultures).

yeah i take about 6 billion probiotics a day, but i can't tolerate yogurt, because i am lactose intolerant.

yeah i take about 6 billion probiotics a day, but i can't tolerate yogurt, because i am lactose intolerant.

There are other probiotic drinks you can keep your eyes open for. I personally haven't seen them but I've heard about them. You can make yogurt with coconut milk though if you're willing to try it out...or really using any milk substitute. In your other thread you said something about taking 40 billions cultures and the candida diet not working out for you...I have actually seen probiotic pills with 50 billion by renew life but haven't tried them. Anyways, if you have candida that alone won't cure it most likely. The candida diet does suck. Do you get pains when you eat something sugary or carby?

There are other probiotic drinks you can keep your eyes open for. I personally haven't seen them but I've heard about them. You can make yogurt with coconut milk though if you're willing to try it out...or really using any milk substitute. In your other thread you said something about taking 40 billions cultures and the candida diet not working out for you...I have actually seen probiotic pills with 50 billion by renew life but haven't tried them. Anyways, if you have candida that alone won't cure it most likely. The candida diet does suck. Do you get pains when you eat something sugary or carby?

I don't get any pains, but i do sometimes get headaches.

I don't think you have any candida issues. You might get headaches because you're eating too much sugar at once? The only thing sugar-related that ever gave me headaches was aspartame.

I don't think you have any candida issues. You might get headaches because you're eating too much sugar at once? The only thing sugar-related that ever gave me headaches was aspartame.

That would be wonderful if i don't have it! I did go on antibiotics three times, without using probiotics after. I Started to replenish maybe a month after my third time, oh and i would occasionally take probiotics while i was on the antibiotics.

Thats because aspertame messes with the brain and brain blood barrier. It'll cause headaches in a lot of people. And it is a one way to ticket to brain cancer and or all the other brain/mind related diseases out there.

Edited by joris

Most people are malnourished. And one of the many things they are lacking is certain complex sugars. Google 8 essential glyconutrients. Or check out the ZAG enzyme thread.

And to the OP: Don't juice. Use a blender and make a smoothie. Throw greens in with the carrots.

Edited by alternativista

Most people are malnourished. And one of the many things they are lacking is certain complex sugars. Google 8 essential glyconutrients. Or check out the ZAG enzyme thread.

And to the OP: Don't juice. Use a blender and make a smoothie. Throw greens in with the carrots.

REally!!? raisins? i gotta get me some then :) Can i have the link to the thread? Aslo i completely and utterly agree with you, most people are malnourished=acne.

That would be wonderful if i don't have it! I did go on antibiotics three times, without using probiotics after. I Started to replenish maybe a month after my third time, oh and i would occasionally take probiotics while i was on the antibiotics.

what were you on antibiotics for?? and what type did you take?

I was on doxycycline 3 times for acne. At first i had really bad body acne, then my face got bad too, then i stopped taking it, and it came back, was put on and the same thing happened 3 times. Then the third time i just stopped taking it myself cause i kept getting yeast infections, and then my back cleared up on it's on, but my face was still bad. Then i started taking a probiotci.

You had yeast infections but you said in your other thread you never get gas?? Do you still get yeast infections? Have you ever gotten thrush? Any digestion pains?

I was on doxycycline 3 times for acne. At first i had really bad body acne, then my face got bad too, then i stopped taking it, and it came back, was put on and the same thing happened 3 times. Then the third time i just stopped taking it myself cause i kept getting yeast infections, and then my back cleared up on it's on, but my face was still bad. Then i started taking a probiotci.

You had yeast infections but you said in your other thread you never get gas?? Do you still get yeast infections? Have you ever gotten thrush? Any digestion pains?

well if i have to poo then my tummy hurts, but that is normal, and i have had gas lately from the fiber. Oh, and i haven't had a yeast infection in over 3 months.

well if i have to poo then my tummy hurts, but that is normal, and i have had gas lately from the fiber. Oh, and i haven't had a yeast infection in over 3 months.

Well if you don't have any digestion pains I don't think you could have a problem. Plus you said you've been taking probiotics? Keep doing that.