Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im really really sick of acne. Im currently in HS, i always had a few pimples that i would use Dan's BP on (bc i would just put a LOT on ) and it worked. Then on vacation i broke out horrible on my cheeks, nose and forehead. My brother had cystic acne and a derm fixed him so i asked if i could see him as well.

He put me on taz and Benzaclin. Didnt work.

i saw him again a month later and he kept the topicals the same but put me on monodox. Didnt work.

I saw him again 6 weeks later and he put me on septra DS. acne finally cleared up but i had to stop because of stomach pain and constant diarrhea.

I currently do not know what to do. My mom recently bought Max Clarity.

Bottom line i dont know what to do, my acne has cleared up (i think due to the taz) minus my forehead yet my cheeks are VERY red and i have a lot red marks on my cheeks as well. its funny (actually not really) because i really dont have that that much acne but it looks so bad because of the redness and marks!

I used vitamin e on the marks a few days ago and i feel as if it worked the first day then stopped.

I will continue to use vitamin e on them at night.

What should i do? I now have a ton of acne medicine but dont know what to use and when. Please help, its ruining my life, legit.

Thanks

Edited by pistolpete463

This is like, identical to my story! I was the only person in my highschool with acne, I begged my mom to take me to a dermitoligist, the dermitoligist put my on acanya and epiduo, two creams heavy with benezol peroxide. It worked in clearing up the red, inflamated pimples, but the marks are still left ( look like little brownish red circles, but they don't pop out like a pimple, is this what yours look like?). I asked the dermitoligist what to do, and he said mixing the two creams would do the trick, and they would just take time to go away. They still seem identical to how they did months ago, though!

All in all, epiduo and acanya worked great with minimal side affects for the pimples themselves and getting rid of red spots but like u, the marks remain, how has the vitamin e oil work?

Edited by Phoenixfire44

This is like, identical to my story! I was the only person in my highschool with acne, I begged my mom to take me to a dermitoligist, the dermitoligist put my on acanya and epiduo, two creams heavy with benezol peroxide. It worked in clearing up the red, inflamated pimples, but the marks are still left ( look like little brownish red circles, but they don't pop out like a pimple, is this what yours look like?). I asked the dermitoligist what to do, and he said mixing the two creams would do the trick, and they would just take time to go away. They still seem identical to how they did months ago, though!

All in all, epiduo and acanya worked great with minimal side affects for the pimples themselves and getting rid of red spots but like u, the marks remain, how has the vitamin e oil work?

Yeah they look like pimples with no head and my skin is smooth. i still get occasional pimples but if there was no redness or marks i would look fine. the oil made my face look a lot better the NEXT day but since that day ive seemed to go backwards since then

So it's more of a temporary solution? I suppose cover up or makeup is the only way to make it look better till it just goes away.

If your willing to try something new and quick, some people swear non-whitening toothpaste clears it up, I tried it and it definrtly helped a little, but don't use too much because then it will burn.

I hear proactive does wonders for redness and marks but haven't tried that yet, have you?

So it's more of a temporary solution? I suppose cover up or makeup is the only way to make it look better till it just goes away.

If your willing to try something new and quick, some people swear non-whitening toothpaste clears it up, I tried it and it definrtly helped a little, but don't use too much because then it will burn.

I hear proactive does wonders for redness and marks but haven't tried that yet, have you?

no i haven't. i may try lemon juice if i dont see improvement in the next few weeks. im a guy so makeup isnt an option which sucks

To PistolPete & PhoenixFire,

It sounds like you are both in HS, right? I'm not, I'm 32 but i recently just started getting horrible acne.

Anyway, i know about those marks you are talking about. I've cleared up several times and broke out again, but my problem is with my hormones.

To fix your problem, you may want to ask your parent to take you to a Day Spa for facials. They are expensive, ranges between $55-$100 a visit, but they help. When you go, ask for a peel (glycolic, kojic, salatilic peels). These are really strong chemicals/acids so make sure you are not allergic, ask then to test in on the inside of your wrist or something first. The purpose of the chemical peel is to burn/exfoliate the top later of skin so that your pores will get unclogged and new fresh skin can emerge. BUT YOU MUST KEEP USING SUNBLOCK AFTERWARDS, or else you will get a sunburn or sun damage your skin. During those treatments, they also do "extractions"....yup, they pop your pimples for you and get all the nasty stuff out.

Infact, i just got a peel a few days ago.

Good luck!

@Arie

This sounds interesting and worth a try I guess, sense all else has failed. But can a dermitoligist perform the peel or is it exclusively a spa service.

And have you ever tried acutane? Jw