Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rose69

ive been using bp for nearly 2 months now and.....

still my skin peels... and last night it was itching so badly...BP works great on my acne.. but whats going wrong?

Scale back on the amount you are using........I only use it every couple of nights or when I feel a breakout coming on and it works well this way for me.

I do use a moisturiser because I feel that's necessary, but, if you are using a moisturiser, make sure that it doesn't have any ingredients like salicyclic acid in it that would interact with the BP you are putting on.

well i just wash my face in the morning with regular soap...

the moisturiser i use is NIVEA visage with shea butter and vitamin E... but i only use the moisturiser every couple of days... whilst i use bp every single day.

When you say "regular soap" do you mean a gentle facial cleansing bar (like neutragenas clear bars etc)? Otherwise, regular old hand soap usually will have irritants that might be making the regimen less palatable to your skin, ie itchy etc.

I don't know if Nivea is oil free and non-comedogenic, but that would be the ideal moisturizer to use... and use the moisturizer OFTEN.... if you're not using the moisturizer twice a day now, I'd recommend that you do (and make sure it is oil free etc. I use Neutragena Oil Free Moisture for senstive skin twice a day and I gob that stuff on at times with no ill effects)

That might solve your problem right there.

When you say "regular soap" do you mean a gentle facial cleansing bar (like neutragenas clear bars etc)? Otherwise, regular old hand soap usually will have irritants that might be making the regimen less palatable to your skin, ie itchy etc.

I don't know if Nivea is oil free and non-comedogenic, but that would be the ideal moisturizer to use... and use the moisturizer OFTEN.... if you're not using the moisturizer twice a day now, I'd recommend that you do (and make sure it is oil free etc. I use Neutragena Oil Free Moisture for senstive skin twice a day and I gob that stuff on at times with no ill effects)

That might solve your problem right there.

Regular soap is definitely stripping and overdrying. That's a big problem. Second, you want to moisturize every day, I moisturize twice every day.