Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone! :)

I'm fairly new to the boards, but not this website. I have light/mild acne, and just started the DKR about a week or so ago. So far it has really cleared up my skin, and I am really happy with how it's going so far!

But I do have an issue. Though the BP is clearing my skin, it is really drying it out and making it flaky. I have tried the jojoba oil massage with little results. I know the dryness and flaky skin is to be expected as my skin adjusts to it, but I was wondering if using a gentle exfoliating cleanser would be ok? Like Dove's Gentle Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser. I know Dan says not to add in another step or switch products, but would it be ok to exfoliate with this a couple of times a week, just to help with flakiness?

Thanks in advance! :angel:

hmmm, well, you've only been on the regimen for about a week. i feel like you should give it more time. your skin isn't even used to the BP yet, that usually takes 2-3 weeks, and you might find the flakiness subsiding after awhile.

i'd say give it some more time, but then if the problem still persists, you can try something to take away those extra flakes and such. patience is key, you just have to put it in practice here.

hmmm, well, you've only been on the regimen for about a week. i feel like you should give it more time. your skin isn't even used to the BP yet, that usually takes 2-3 weeks, and you might find the flakiness subsiding after awhile.

i'd say give it some more time, but then if the problem still persists, you can try something to take away those extra flakes and such. patience is key, you just have to put it in practice here.

I second this. At the beginning stages of the Regimen, your skin is still flaky and dry so screwing around with already delicate skin will most likely yield ugly results. Switching products too soon is also in the biggest mistakes section so I'd advise against it.