Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonima

Advice on Post-Accutane Face Wash?

It has been eight months now since I ended my most recent treatment of Accutane. It was relatively successful, and now I am only left with mild acne. I have been using only Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (which I used during concurrently with Accutane because of my fragile skin).

The Cetaphil doesn't make my skin better or worse, and I have yet to search for a face wash that will eliminate any remaining, petty mild acne.

Any suggestions for post-Accutane skin? Keep in mind, my acne is very mild now.

I watched the Dr. Oz show, and he said the best natural acne remedy is peppermint oil. I tried it out and I think it works pretty well. It made my acne less red, plus it leaves a nice tingly minty feeling on my face. It really perks me up in the morning.

It has been eight months now since I ended my most recent treatment of Accutane. It was relatively successful, and now I am only left with mild acne. I have been using only Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (which I used during concurrently with Accutane because of my fragile skin).

The Cetaphil doesn't make my skin better or worse, and I have yet to search for a face wash that will eliminate any remaining, petty mild acne.

Any suggestions for post-Accutane skin? Keep in mind, my acne is very mild now.

You could give this a go- this is what my derm recommended for same reasons:

Alternate morning and night...

- Neutrogena oil free wash (good to combat mild acne, use sparingly and don't scrub too hard to avoid irritation to fragile skin)

- Neutrogena Extra gentle cleanser (very gentle and good for fragile skin)

Best, Shantelle

well not sure how it does to clear acne persay.. i don't really think any face wash can CLEAR skin. but Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is very good. its a little idk stronger than cetaphil. i really feel like it washes away oils and grime that could clog pores. but for mild acne i would suggest a gentle topical.. and Purpose!

im about 7.5 months post tane. same deal: mild acne. mainly hormonal. im on spiro and differn. slowly its working. my main issuse after tane was oily skin... it came back right away. but spiro seems to keep it uncontrol. i was a dripping mess.

well not sure how it does to clear acne persay.. i don't really think any face wash can CLEAR skin. but Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is very good. its a little idk stronger than cetaphil. i really feel like it washes away oils and grime that could clog pores. but for mild acne i would suggest a gentle topical.. and Purpose!

im about 7.5 months post tane. same deal: mild acne. mainly hormonal. im on spiro and differn. slowly its working. my main issuse after tane was oily skin... it came back right away. but spiro seems to keep it uncontrol. i was a dripping mess.

Is it inexpensive?

My skin and acne is hormonal as well, I'm 18. Hopefully the acne aspect of this puberty can phase out.

The Cetaphil doesn't make my skin better or worse,

I have been using the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash for about a week now, and it has made my skin break out so dramatically in comparison to what my skin used to be. I used to have several pimples on my face. Now I have pimples all over my face.

Is it because my skin has to get worse before it gets better?/Everything and all of the impurities are surfacing and coming to a head?/My skin is getting used to the new face wash?