Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really don't know what acne I have got, or what it needs to be cleared.

Medication history:

- Zineryt: Worked great, but skin got used to it.

- Retin-A: Broke me out horribly.

- Lymecycline: Just kept my acne the same, not much change.

- Dan's BP: Just keeps my acne the same, so stops it getting much worse.

- Zinc: Doesn't make much difference.

- Vitamin B5 (6 a day): Helped at first, but my body got used to it.

- Niacin: Now trying this.

I have mild acne, and it consists of red bumps which gradually develop puss.

90% of my acne is on my chin (below the left and right side of the lower lip). And, I sometimes get spots on my left cheek.

Any advice?

Edited by tiberius

Dan's regime: How long were you on it?

Vitamin B5: As far as I know this is something you're supposed to do for like 6months, and at a higher dosage than just 6/day (assuming it's 500mg pills). I believe the dosage is supposed to be 10g/day.

Drink more water. Change your pillow slips often (I change mine every 2 days. 1 day/side). Maybe cut out dairy. Niacin is fun times. Try taking vitamin D. 4000+IU a day. Your mileage may vary, but i suggest these since you seem to be more fond of non-prescription methods.

Dan's regime: How long were you on it?

Vitamin B5: As far as I know this is something you're supposed to do for like 6months, and at a higher dosage than just 6/day (assuming it's 500mg pills). I believe the dosage is supposed to be 10g/day.

Drink more water. Change your pillow slips often (I change mine every 2 days. 1 day/side). Maybe cut out dairy. Niacin is fun times. Try taking vitamin D. 4000+IU a day. Your mileage may vary, but i suggest these since you seem to be more fond of non-prescription methods.

I have been on the regimen for over a year now. It just keeps my acne at the same level, but doesn't prevent new breakouts.

B5 did work very well on about 10 a day when I started taking it last year, but I kind of felt that my body got used to it, so I am not sure if a higher dosage will work.

Do you think Niacin will help?

I've ordered some vitamin D, as I rarely get any sun. How much should you take per day to see a difference? Does it ever make acne worse?

Anything else you would suggest?

Thanks.