Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotglue01

Red to purple, purple to brown, brown to gone?

Hey,

As the title suggests, I am wondering what the typical lifespan of a red mark looks like. I am white and I have a pale complexion.

I saw my derm yesterday and took off my makeup to have him give me the final low-down on my red marks. He said that they are brown now, which is the last phase. But is this true? He said that I still have 2.5 months until they are completley totally gone, which I can honestly live with.

So yes. Is brown the final stage?

I've never noticed my red marks turning brown, they normally just fade. Are you using anything for your red marks right now?

Edited by CelloIsLove

Well, we may have different skin tones. I'm caucasian with a pale complexion. I also think it's possible we're talking about the same color... my derm said that most red marks go from a red to maybe a purple and then eventually to a faded kind of color that's reddish-brownish-pinkish. That's where I'm at now. This is apparently the last stage of them, as they are pretty well faded already, but still have a little ways to go.

Anyway, I am using Dan's AHA on them and maybe one coating of Meladerm a day. I don't know about the Meladerm, but the AHA definitely helped to fade my bacne marks. My bacne was worse than my facne (facne?) and the marks have been entirely gone for a bit longer. I wish face skin and chest skin healed as fast as my back skin...

My derm said to expect about another 2.5 months, 3 months tops, before they no longer exist. I cannot WAIT for that day... but again, I didn't tell him I was using AHA (because I have no idea how to say AHA in Japanese, and that's all my derm can speak). What do you guys think? I think best case scenario is 8 weeks. Input?

red ---> slowly to brown and gone.

i dont know wat is wrong with my marks...sometimes they look red...sometimes brown some...sometimes lite brown or almost faded and after a few hours really bright red...wat should i do?