Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissBecca

I can't ever remember having clear skin.

I have had acne for as long as i can remember. I have oily skin with moderate acne but the main problem is scaring. I usually have around 5-10 zits on my face a day. On good days i will only have 2 or 3 noticeable ones. I have to use makeup to cover up my scars and I'm afraid thats what's making me break out. i have tried to not wear makeup but i just can't bring myself to go out in public without it. I have tried everything. I have used Retin A, Minocycline, Clyndamiacin, BP, Salyic acid, etc. Im 21 years old now and i just want to have clear skin. My health insurance policy sucks and they will only pay for a limited amount of generics. I was thinking about buying the Clarisonic, but I read a couple of reviews that said it made their acne way worse. I am willing to spend the money i am just afraid it will worsen my condition.

It could be the makeup, at least give it a try for a week and see if there's any difference. If there is, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner ^_^ I just don't go out in public, full stop. I dont wear makeup either :lol: ...Have you tried Accutane?

Im going to my dermatologist tomorrow morning. I have military insurance so they don't cover a whole lot. They will only prescribe you medications that are covered under Tricare. I am going to try and convince them to give me accutane but i don't know if they will. I am really scared to take it because i heard it makes your acne really bad for the first month or two. Also, I'm separating from the navy in a few weeks so I wont be covered under insurance for very much longer. thats why i have to wear makeup all the time. I work at least 6 days a week. Its already hard enough being a women in the military. I don't want to add to that by not covering my scars. Any suggestions to what i should say to my Dermatologist?

As far as makeup is concerned, you may want to try something else. I've used a lot of different makeups, and I finally found one that doesn't make me break out. It's a water based foundation from Mac. Neutrogena has makeup with medication in it that may work for you. I have dry skin, so its really hard for me to find makeup that doesn't dry my skin but that may work for you.

I definitely wanted to use accutane but my doctor is really reluctant to give it to me. I started using the Clarisonic two days ago, once in the morning and once at night along with a bit of BP and moisturizer. My skin hasn't completely cleared up yet but i can already see a difference. My zits go away faster and they aren't as irritated or big. I really think this is going to work. I also stated using an airbrush foundation applicator. I use less makeup and i never have to re apply it to cover up my scaring so i think that helps a lot. For anyone that can't afford the large price tag of the Clarisonic i would highly recommend saving for it. I have a friend that couldn't afford one so while she saved up for it, she used a soft head disposable electric tooth brush. she said that it worked well enough while she waited.

Even if the clarisonic does work I still want to try accutane. I have really oily skin and shrinking my oil glands permanently sounds awesome.

Even my derm was reluctant to prescribe me accutane for my skin condition as it was too oily all the time. So, I pleaded her to put me on accutane just for my oily face and she did put me on it..guess what happened.. I have broken out all over my face with VERY painful itchy cysts (I never had cystic acne before in my entire life). I started taking accutane on 29th of last month and stopped it yesterday and now I'm on Doxycycline orally and applying Nilac gel (Clindamycin crap) after washing my face with Lucifer cleansing lotion since I have horrible face (never looked this bad since my birth) just because of accutane. :mad: I had no active zits before going on accutane as I had controlled my acne through diet and stuff.. If you are ready to go through this then its all left to you.. Just wanted to let you know beforehand what that thing does for you before it does any better. Also hoping that nothing bad happens to you if you go on it. :pray: Take care.

P.S- The skin does become oil free but with the expense of something else..