Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alvin_S

TCA CROSS Problem

Ok this is not really a TCA CORSS gone wrong thread. Last night I did my 1st TCA CROSS.

1st I washed my face with gentle cleanser (spectro gel)

2nd Towel Dried

3rd Applied on 1 test spot on my cheek with a toothpick

4th I poked gently within the scar.

The problem is that the frosting was very minimal. The TCA never did spread like people said. The frosting was only little white dots where I poked with the toothpick.

However, the scar did look deeper and darker. But it has been 2 days and scab never formed. Wonder if the TCA CROSS was not 99%

Btw, i bought mine off Julie's perfect complexion (TCA CROSS KIT)

I used the kit from Julie's site and it took 3-4 days to form a scab. Just give it time. In my case, unfortunately, the cross made the scar worse, so I'm glad that I only tried 3 small spots. Wait to see how it works for you before doing more!

I used the kit from Julie's site and it took 3-4 days to form a scab. Just give it time. In my case, unfortunately, the cross made the scar worse, so I'm glad that I only tried 3 small spots. Wait to see how it works for you before doing more!

hmm made your scar worse? have you left it alone for 6 weeks to the collagen to form?

this is not aimed at you specifically, but i do think most people do not give this treatment option a chance and complain unnecessarilly.

its by far the cheapest/fastest/less invasive method of getting rid of scars and most people see benefits. most people complain that their scars are worse before the 6 weeks is up....this is natural !

I heard/read that TCA cross works (in general) BUT, it really depends on how your skin heals-if you have good genes, then great, if not...then... not so much. So it's definitely different from person to person. secondly, not all company's TCA strength are the same even if it claims a certain percent. for example, company A 90% tca can be diff from company B tca 90%. third, POST care is also very important. Some people just use neosporin and lotion, some people add egf/tgf cream (epidermal and tissue growth factor), aloe vera, and take vitamins. So i must say, everything plays a big factor to it "working" or not.

oh... btw, that rule applies to ALL scar treatments/procedures. But i must say... some procedures have a much lower satisfaction from what the population rates- ahem* lasers.

Edited by chee6119

I heard/read that TCA cross works (in general) BUT, it really depends on how your skin heals-if you have good genes, then great, if not...then... not so much. So it's definitely different from person to person. secondly, not all company's TCA strength are the same even if it claims a certain percent. for example, company A 90% tca can be diff from company B tca 90%. third, POST care is also very important. Some people just use neosporin and lotion, some people add egf/tgf cream (epidermal and tissue growth factor), aloe vera, and take vitamins. So i must say, everything plays a big factor to it "working" or not.

dunno. it just seems strange that the majority of people complaining a) do it themselves, 2) dont seem to express a knowledge of the treatment and 3) seem to make claims regarding their scars too soon after starting...some things take time. read the 72 page tca cross thread people....its YOUR face after all.

Edited by sydney_fellow

After washing, you need to de-fat the skin with a rubbing alcohol prior to doing the CROSS. The oil on the skin may have prevented good contact by the TCA.

Good luck with the process and be VERY very careful!

good point wynne. Facial oil makes any chemical difficult to penetrate the skin. Even with lasers, doctors makes sure they get rid of the facial oils before they do the procedure so the laser's energy can penetrate the skin more effectively

BTW I didnt feel any Sting or burning when i applied the TCA. Does that mean the TCA didnt penetrate through my scar?

Edit. OO you maybe right about my oil blocking it. Thank you

Should I reapply the TCA after the alcohol or let it heal for the moment and do it next month?

Edited by Alvin_S

I wouldn't reapply any TCA at all until you've waited the full healing time. Just to be safe. :)

Just treat the CROSSed parts with polysporin or even petroleum jelly for the first three days after the procedure OR until they form scabs. If scabs don't happen, just keep those spots treated to help soothe and heal. Wear sunscreen for the next six months (and six months after each CROSS episode) or you may impair what collagen activity you've commenced.

I don't remember the time frame for repeating CROSS. I believe it's longer than one month but could be wrong. The older you are, the longer you should wait as age impairs collagen activity.

I didn't develop scabs until day three. Some of those scabs stayed for two whole weeks! Do your very best NOT to dislodge the scabs when/if they form as that will also impair healing. As soon as I applied the TCA, it stung like mad and a whole inch in circumference around each treated spot became red from irritation.

when it scabs black its infected or your body is thinking its an infection,

you need to go see your dermo to get antibotics,

usually it will scab light brown never darkblack

Egf and led lights? What r those? I have an appt on the 21st for tca cross. I wonder if my doc will tell me to use those thongs. I don't want to risk messing up so a doc is gonna do it.:) I'm still very nervous.

egf stands for epidermal growth factor-its a cream that stimulates collagen production in the epidermis-its for wound/tissue repair.

Diff docts have their own method/product for post treatment.