Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all here's what i want to begin using for my regimen, all of these products i have used separately at one point in time and they each worked well, so i figure if i put them together it will be success! My acne is usually mild, but at the moment I have about 6 or so pimples, some blackheads, a few stubborn whiteheads, and 4 or 5 pimples that i popped (bad I know!) so they are gross scabs right now. Mostly all of my pimples are around my mouth and aren't anything cystic or huge, but big enough to see!

AM

Wash gently 30 sec with biore 4 in 1 revitalize foam cleanser

Tone gently w/ L'oreal hydrafresh toner (i need a toner or else i feel gunky and will get little pimples from buildup)

Treat gently with a thin layer of Neutrogena on the spot Benzoyl peroxide (I would say i will use about a finger length because i am currently using a good amount of benzoyl peroxide)

Moisturize with complex 15 moisturizing cream

PM

Wash gently 30 sec with biore 4 in 1 foam cleanser

Tone gently w/ L'oreal hydrafresh toner

Treat gently with a thin layer of Neutrogena on the spot Benzoyl peroxide (one finger length)

Moisturize with Acne.org AHA lotion

Once, maybe twice a week St. Ives blemish fighting scrub very gently!

And I have started taking zinc 50mg (been on it for a little over 2 weeks now) one tablet every night after dinner.

I usually run 3 or 4 times a week, and if it gets hot i substitute a swim twice a week in place of running. I am going to start eating better because I have been finding myself eating more unhealthy and drinking alcohol more often lately. So it's time to cut back!!!! I'll keep you guys updated!

Oh, and I don't wear too much makeup, just eye liner, and if I have to cover up pimples I use Almay Blemish Stick with 1.0% salicylic acid, b/c it is talc free and it has blemish treatment

Edited by hopeless06

okay it's only day 1 of my regimen technically, totally too early to tell, but so far so good. the more gentle i am the more my skin likes me!

the 4 or 5 pimples i popped are scabbing up more quickly, and the other 4 or 5 pimples i did not touch are already fading, two have all but disappeared. yay.

on a bad note i have just learned that i have a urinary tract infection, so i have to take ciprofloxacin antibiotic for a couple of days. i heard that this is actually good for acne, because this antibiotic is used to treat bacterial infection and thats what acne is. I have to be careful though because you can't take zinc products within 6 hours before or within 2 hours after i take the antibiotics, so i have to time out the medication (which i have to take twice a day after eating) and the zinc properly. i don't want to stop taking the zinc because i know that the zinc has been helping my breakouts and i've only been on it two weeks, so i don't want to stop because i want to see how much better it will get! At the same time, urinary tract infections are nothing to turn your cheek to, so i have to make sure the zinc does not adversely affect the medication and make it not work!

wish me luck!

hey all just checking in. it's day seven of my regimen. currently i have 3 pimples that are small and red, one on my forehead, nose, and high left cheek by my nose. the 4 or 5 i had popped have already scabbed and healed over and are now just scars, which the AHA will hopefully deal with.

On another note, i have just started birth control today (ortho tri cyclen lo). i'm really just using it for a contraceptive, but i heard it can help acne. mine is so mild anyways though, so i'm just hoping it doesn't break me out b/c of the wierd influx of hormones!!??? i'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

oh and i havent really been too gentle w/ my skin (lots of stress from work and not enough sleep, but this week i'm going to be changing that!!!) i'm also really truly going to start eating healthier this week b/c i think that is a big factor for me, even if it doesn't affect my acne, i do feel worse when i eat crappy fast food all the time

okay been awhile since i posted so i'm going to begin as some things have changed. for a while i went off of zinc pills (about a week), because i thought a multivitamin might help and it already had zinc in it. unfortunately it wasn't enough zinc and i've been breaking out. i finally decided to go back on zinc and even bought cheleated zinc this time because it's supposed to absorb better in the body. i also switched a few small things in the regimen of mine, mostly just the moisturizer because i can't find complex 15 anywhere anymore! i also have started eating muuuuuch better in the past 5 or 6 days, and also this week am working out 4 times a week to help. the birth control i have been on for a month and a half and it hasn't caused any acne whatsoever, but i'm not sure it changed my mild acne at all either. so here's my regimen now, and i am starting this today! Oh and my acne is not too bad, 2 or 3 pimples on my upper cheeks near my nose, 1 by my temple, and 1 small one underneath my nose. i have about 3 healing scabs from picking (bad), and 2 small scabs from healing pimples i didn't pick. not horrible but not that good!

AM

wash gently for 30 sec with biore 4 in 1 revitalizing cleanser

tone gently with l'oreal hydrafresh toner

treat by applying neutrogena on the spot benzoyl peroxide in a medium layer on face

moisturize gently with vanicream lite lotion for sensitive skin

PM

wash gently for 30 sec with biore 4 in 1 revitalizing cleanser

tone gently with l'oreal hydrafresh toner

treat by applying neutrogena on the spot benzoyl peroxide in a medium layer on face

moisturize gently with acne.org AHA moisturizer

Twice a week (in the morning) St. Ives blemish and blackhead scrub gently in place of biore cleanser

everyday I take ortho tri cyclen lo birth control and chelated zinc 50mg

I am trying to eat healthier lots of fruits and veggies, and i never eat too much dairy to begin with. i am not denying myself sweets and treats, but i am eating way less of them :)

Also i am exercising 4 times per week, mostly running and ab workouts. i have a fear that the birth control will make me gain weight, but so far I have not gained anything except for in the chest area, which i'm defintely okay with :)

will keep posted!

Edited by hopeless06