Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xena467

Glowing skin with diet?

Hi

So I've had acne for over 10 years and for the past few months I've been eating a low GI diet but with fruit juices and some fruit (apples, pineapple). Most of my acne went away but some still remained. On someone's suggestion from here I decided to cut out fruit juices, and actually all fruit, plus cut out wheat, and just eat veggies and protein. And...success! I didn't get one new breakout (and I just tried it out today.) But what sucks is now I can see some scars on my face (sorry, I don't have pictures).

But I've heard that with a RAW FOOD diet your scars can heal by themselves...has anyone experienced this? I could google it but thought I'd ask here first. I can't imagine it coming about from just eating protein and vegetables though. Should I eat more fruit?

Can you get naturally glowing skin from diet and exercise alone?

Of course, I reckon the people who have achieved glowing skin aren't on this forum anymore, but just thought I'd ask.

I'm pretty sure with any diet scars heal by themselves. The skin is constantly repairing itself. Diets may have an effect on the speed of which it heals. Once your skin is to the point at which you want it, you may want to add in a few fruits and whole wheat, just to make it a more balanced diet.

Hi

So I've had acne for over 10 years and for the past few months I've been eating a low GI diet but with fruit juices and some fruit (apples, pineapple). Most of my acne went away but some still remained. On someone's suggestion from here I decided to cut out fruit juices, and actually all fruit, plus cut out wheat, and just eat veggies and protein. And...success! I didn't get one new breakout (and I just tried it out today.) But what sucks is now I can see some scars on my face (sorry, I don't have pictures).

But I've heard that with a RAW FOOD diet your scars can heal by themselves...has anyone experienced this? I could google it but thought I'd ask here first. I can't imagine it coming about from just eating protein and vegetables though. Should I eat more fruit?

Can you get naturally glowing skin from diet and exercise alone?

Of course, I reckon the people who have achieved glowing skin aren't on this forum anymore, but just thought I'd ask.

Well, I certainly think glowing skin is possible from a raw food diet!! If you look further down the holistic page, I just started a thread called 'going raw for a week.' I am too tired to write much, but I certainly think eating a lot of raw foods (maybe not entirely raw - though I am trying it out) will have a great impact on your skin and overall health.

Thanks for that reply, helliotion. I think you're right. I just googled something on youtube about clearing up acne scars with a raw food diet and this girl said her acne and scars cleared in a few weeks after eating only organic whole foods, nuts and seeds. So I guess that's good to know. I find being on such a diet a bit difficult when the rest of your friends/family are eating normal food. But I try to eat as many whole foods as I can, anyway. Right now it's the vegetables, because some fruits and fruit juices have been giving me problems.

Anyway, I'm not sure I can post the link here, but if anyone wants to see this video, it's kinda interesting, and might be beneficial for some.

It's called "Clearing Up Acne & Scarring with Raw Food Diet, Ep31" by RawRadiantHealth.

If you can go raw for 30 days, better luck to you. After cutting out milk, sugar, fried foods and wheat, I think that's where I'm headed. But I find it hard to do just now :P

Fruits are high in sugar which is a major cause of messing up your body's natural balance, resulting in acne. Organic fruits don't have as much sugar in them. I hate that all the cheap fruit is all sugary and bad for you.

Oops, hi tree23-only caught your post after I'd written my reply to helliotion. Yeah I saw your thread on going raw for a week-good on ya :) I hope it works out well for you. I'm hoping I can get even just half the results with a meat/veggie diet and exercise plan, though I'm not sure there are that many healing properties in meat :P I might have to reconsider eating fruit.

That's interesting, helliotion, that organic fruit isn't as sweet as cheap fruit. I never thought of that before. I might just buy organic from now on. (Do they make organic pineapple?)

yeah actually organic fruits have the same amount of sugar as non-organic. It doesn't even make sense that they would have less. The positive aspect of organic is that no harmful preservatives or pesticides will be transferred into the fruit.

yeah actually organic fruits have the same amount of sugar as non-organic. It doesn't even make sense that they would have less. The positive aspect of organic is that no harmful preservatives or pesticides will be transferred into the fruit.

I think sometimes organic, naturally grown fruits ARE less sweet. The inorganic stuff that is grown in mass and sold for cheap is always the best looking, sweetest variety they can find. For example, the supermarket berries aren't the average berries- they are the fattest, juiciest, sweetest berries that can be grown. The organic ones are way smaller, and the sweetness can vary a little bit.

For skin that actually glows, you need to eat the right fats for sebum quality so that your sebum does what it's supposed to. Try fish, avocados, and olive oil.