Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sandandsable

Some questions about the Regimen...

Hello! I'm 14y/o with light acne. I joined because I have some questions regarding acne and hoping you all could help. So, first a little about me and my acne.

For the most part, I have a small amount acne, except for one spot on my face (and my neck but we'll get to that later). Above my chin and under my lip there is a little area that I have had acne problems with for at least a year and a half. I get whiteheads, blackheads, little bumps, sometimes inflamed bumps and pustules here. But, 75% of the time, it's just little bumps. It gets extremely frustrating, though, because one day you will barely be able to notice I have a problem there, and the next day it will be red and inflamed! I've tried Proactiv a couple times, but I am guilty of quitting after 3 weeks because I saw no change. I've also used Clean and Clear Cleansers and Moisturizers. These products did NOTHING to this spot on my chin.

In addition to the spot on my chin I get acne on the back of my neck, sometimes on my forehead and sometimes in my eyebrows (weird, I know). There is also one red bump on my cheek that doesn't like to go away. The back of my neck is something new that started this winter and I have been very sure to make sure I was that part of my neck every day, but I still have some acne there. I think this might be partly because I have long hair that I wear down a lot.

So, should I try the acne.org regimen? If I do try The Regimen I have a few questions about it:

1. Would I only need to put the BP on the problem areas or all over my face?

2. Do I do the same process to the acne on the back of my neck?

3. If I use oil-free makeup would it hurt the process or is it okay?

4. Is sunscreen okay to use? If so what kind/bran?

5. I start school in two months, do you think I will be able to get past the initial breakout period before then?

And, if you don't recommend the acne.org regimen for my acne, what is a good alternative...? Thanks so much everyone!

Edited by sandandsable

Acne is an intern problem in your body, changing my diet is what worked for me, avoiding foods with high glycemic index which are rapid inducers of insulin. From what i've read in this forum, a lot of people got rid of acne by changing their diets and taking supplements like multivamins and fish oil.

This doesnt mean diet is always the problem. What works to some doesnt work for everyone.

You should give Fish oil (anti-inflammatory) a try, and see if you can take a multivitamin for someone of your age.

Google some terms if you dont understand.

Hello! I originally posted this in the Introductions forum, but I got little to no replies. I have some questions about The Regimen (those are below) and I really want to know your opinions on whether or not the acne.org regimen will work for me. So in order for you to make an informed opinion here is a little about me and my acne:

I'm a 14 year old teenager. For the most part, I have a small amount acne, except for one spot on my face. Above my chin and under my lip there is a little area that I have had acne problems with for at least a year and a half. I get whiteheads, blackheads, little bumps, sometimes inflamed bumps and pustules here. But, 75% of the time, it's just little bumps. It gets extremely frustrating, though, because one day you will barely be able to notice I have a problem there, and the next day it will be red and inflamed! I've tried Proactiv a couple times, but I am guilty of quitting after 3 weeks because I saw no change. I've also used Clean and Clear Cleansers and Moisturizers. These products did NOTHING to this spot on my chin.

In addition to the spot on my chin I get acne on the back of my neck, sometimes on my forehead and sometimes in my eyebrows (weird, I know). There is also one red bump on my cheek that doesn't like to go away. The back of my neck is something new that started this winter and I have been very sure to make sure I wash that part of my neck every day, but I still have acne there. I think this might be partly because I have long hair that I wear down a lot.

So, should I try the acne.org regimen? If I do try The Regimen I have a few questions about it:

4. Is sunscreen okay to use? If so what kind/brand?

5. I start school in two months, do you think I will be able to get past the initial breakout period before then?

6. It says that I don't have to change my lifestyle, but would you recommend staying away from certain foods?

And, if you don't recommend the acne.org regimen for my acne, what is a good alternative...? Thanks so much everyone!

Edited by sandandsable

hey there =)

just a litttttttllleeee advice: when u make a post make it short and sweet. When i see a long post it just looks like homework haha. if you make your posts shorter you might get more answers because more people will be likely to actually read it. lure them in =)

"I've tried Proactiv a couple times, but I am guilty of quitting after 3 weeks because I saw no change." you may not have stuck to Proactive long enough :think: idk tho

"These products did NOTHING to this spot on my chin." 'Spot' as in one bump or as in an area where the acne is more present?

"I think this might be partly because I have long hair that I wear down a lot." it could definetly be that, especially if you use hair products

"So, should I try the acne.org regimen?" i HIGHLY recommend it but no one will know if it works for you until you try it and you tell us if it worked or not : ) i say go for it..... but be smart with it. read up on how to use it and follow those instructions like your life depends on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ok jokin on that last part.... but yea follow instructions for best results). get advice and guidance here and hope for the best ^_^

If I do try The Regimen I have a few questions about it:

i would say all over your face would be best. might be easier too.

probably.... or u may be able to leave out moisturizing the back of your neck

http://www.acne.org/blog/2010/07/09/acne-c...-break-you-out/

4. Is sunscreen okay to use? If so what kind/brand?

the words Non-Comedogenic are now your best-friends. make sure what-ever you put on your face always says this. as for what kind and what brand.... it is up to you. you have to go research which one you want.

i think you will, but everyone is different so no guarantees. do not procrastinate.

6. It says that I don't have to change my lifestyle, but would you recommend staying away from certain foods?

i wouldn't but others will. again this depends on you. if you notice that something causes you to break-out then stay away from it.

Edited by CAKES^_^

Thank you so much for answering my questions, Cakes!

noooooooooooooooo problemo :D hopefully it helps in some way

Thank you so much for answering my questions, Cakes!

noooooooooooooooo problemo :D hopefully it helps in some way

I got a question to add if you dont mind instead of making another thread. Can you use a moisturizer like Amlactin 12% lactic acid when your on the regimen instead?

...1. Would I only need to put the BP on the problem areas or all over my face?

BP over the WHOLE face.

Check out the neck acne section on acne.org. http://www.acne.org/neck-acne.html

Wait to add in makeup until you're clear.

That's addressed in the FAQs.

Sunscreen is needed. There are some recommendations on Finding Supplies.

It's possible you'll be past the breakout by then.

3 weeks is insufficient time to see if a regimen will work or not.

To the poster above:

Lac Hydrin/Amlactin 5 is better to use with the Regimen as it's not as strong or exfoliative. But if you're clear, you can go ahead and try it....slowly at first, every other day or two. And only once a day, not twice.

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

...1. Would I only need to put the BP on the problem areas or all over my face?

BP over the WHOLE face.

Check out the neck acne section on acne.org. http://www.acne.org/neck-acne.html

Wait to add in makeup until you're clear.

That's addressed in the FAQs.

Sunscreen is needed. There are some recommendations on Finding Supplies.

It's possible you'll be past the breakout by then.

3 weeks is insufficient time to see if a regimen will work or not.

To the poster above:

Lac Hydrin/Amlactin 5 is better to use with the Regimen as it's not as strong or exfoliative. But if you're clear, you can go ahead and try it....slowly at first, every other day or two. And only once a day, not twice.

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

:clap: all the info anyone could need :dance: