Find results in...
clearskinwannabe

Breakout on Roaccutane

Hi I am on my 4th week of roaccutane, I have been prescribed -

10mg for 2 weeks

20mg for 2 weeks

40mg for 4 weeks

60mg for 4 months

I am just about to take my first 40mg tonight and over the last 2 days I have had a massive breakout!!! It has made my acne as bad as when I was 15!!!!!!

Is this normal? I know you are supposed to have an initial breakout but this is 4 weeks into the course!!!

Thanks and sorry for so many !'s, I am just panicking.

Oh boy, search, some get initial break out in the first 3 days, some in 1 month, some peoples last for 2 months long

Oh boy, search, some get initial break out in the first 3 days, some in 1 month, some peoples last for 2 months long

Thanks for the reply Steve. I have read a lot of posts on this website about roaccutane but there didnt seem to be many people who had an initial breakout after the first month.

Is it just the body's way of getting used to the drug?

The initial outbreak is normal, as mentioned earlier, some people's outbreaks can last for a couple months. But don't worry the acne WILL get better as you go further, trust me, but just watch out for the side effects.

The initial outbreak is normal, as mentioned earlier, some people's outbreaks can last for a couple months. But don't worry the acne WILL get better as you go further, trust me, but just watch out for the side effects.

Thanks.

I am sorry to post about the initial breakout but I am just so stressed about it and upset.

They need to like make like a "YOU GET INITIAL BREAK-OUTS ON ACCUTANE, SO DONT PANIC!" sticky post in this forum.

Edited by Jxr

They do its in the pinned FAQ for Accutane users.

Will I experience an initial breakout whilst taking accutane?

- Unfortunately, most people feel that this is the case. The initial breakout may be quite severe, as your body adjusts to taking the drug. However, it should have subsided significantly within 1-4 months.

They need to like make like a "YOU GET INITIAL BREAK-OUTS ON ACCUTANE, SO DONT PANIC!" sticky post in this forum.