Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anybody tried this??? Can u share your experiences on this???

Nicotinamide is a derivate of vitamin B3 and it's supposed to work against the formation of pimples (against inflammation). I read a study where they say it works better than an antibiotic creme.

I'm interested in buying it, but i'd like to hear some other stories...

funny, i was just reading about that this morning. i also found the study on pubmed... i think the antibiotic was clyndamicin.

i'd like hear from others too...

(my guess is not many people have tried it)

Not many people have tried B3 (Nicotinamide/Niacinamide). This must be a fairly new discovery. I am providing some links that some of you may want to check out. I wanted to try it but I'm currently using a different topical treatment. Perhaps someone here would try it and give us the lowdown:

Topical Niacinamide on Acne

4%-5% B3 - Natural Acne Treatment

Compared with Clindamycin

Studies on Topical Nicotinamide & Niacinamide

AcneCare.com

i've tried it. its still sitting in my basket of products that don't work. you have to put a thin layer over your face and it's kind of sticky. my skin doesn't absorb too well. there is one guy however who has tried it with great results. i just don't care for leaving too much on my face....less is more.

Hey guys, my derm gave me three little tubes of nicomide t-gel, and I believe this is the stuff you are talking about. I usually dont react well to topicals, but I must say this stuff is pretty good. I have been experimenting with it along my jaw line in case it breaks me out, and I have yet to see a new pimple form while using it on specific areas. It also reduces redness very well. Overall, I have only been using it for a few days and thats probably not long enough to make a judgement, but I will say its impressive stuff and you should ask your derms about getting your hands on some.

coLe

That's very interesting. Note that Topical B3 was easily purchase OTC, but now you need a prescription. Perhaps it does work but what are the side effects? Also, if you know where to look you can find it somewhere on the internet without a prescription.

Here's more information about ACNE which includes Topical Niacinamide along with Zinc supplement and topical Tea Tree Oil as the top ingredients for Acne:

Healthguide on Acne

I'm already taking Zinc and B5 and also using a 10% Tea Tree oil cream (Acnesil)but topical B3 intrigues me.