Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have the impression that frying food, no matter what it's being fried in, is very hard on your liver. Is this true? Is there a 'good' way to fry? I try to avoid oil as much as possible when frying.

Dont do it, even if youre using coconut oil or olive oil. Fried foods are heaty or a "yang" food, acne comes from an overload of heat in the body.

Dont do it, even if youre using coconut oil or olive oil. Fried foods are heaty or a "yang" food, acne comes from an overload of heat in the body.

LOL.

Anyway, pan frying is a great way to make vegetables taste amazing, so go for it in moderation. Remember fat isn't your enemy; its great for you, as long as you don't eat too much or too many calories overall.

For pan or stir frying, use canola or grapeseed oil - they unequivocally can stand up to the heat and have a heart healthy fatty acid profile. Olive oil shouldn't be used for frying, the heat will cause oxidation, possible smoking, and destroy the benefits of its phenolic compounds and other phytochemicals.

Why is frying bad if oil is good? Should we just eat raw and add oil? I usually cook my meat in a pan and then add veggies and sometimes oil is that bad or is it just bad when you submerge stuff in oil (never done that). If I want the veggies cooked should I steam them instead and then add oil?

Why is frying bad if oil is good? Should we just eat raw and add oil? I usually cook my meat in a pan and then add veggies and sometimes oil is that bad or is it just bad when you submerge stuff in oil (never done that). If I want the veggies cooked should I steam them instead and then add oil?

Oils that arent saturated fat such as olive oil, vegetable oil, sunflower oil etc are an awful choice for frying as they are all processed trans fats. The high heat also messes up the fats in some way which I cant remember!

If your going to fry you should use coconut oil or lard.

Steaming is the best way to cook vegetables by far, add oil afterwards.

Edited by ben90

LOL.

Anyway, pan frying is a great way to make vegetables taste amazing, so go for it in moderation. Remember fat isn't your enemy; its great for you, as long as you don't eat too much or too many calories overall.

For pan or stir frying, use canola or grapeseed oil - they unequivocally can stand up to the heat and have a heart healthy fatty acid profile. Olive oil shouldn't be used for frying, the heat will cause oxidation, possible smoking, and destroy the benefits of its phenolic compounds and other phytochemicals.

thats entirely different, the thread wasnt about stir frying it was clearly about deep frying. You can LOL all you want but what I posted is the truth.

^Sauteing and stir frying are fine so long as you use the right oils for the temperature. Don't deep fry, especially don't batter and fry anything.

Okay good. I've been using coconut oil in the pan when cooking them. I guess I could steam them and add oil after. I love sauteed onions though.

LOL.

thats entirely different, the thread wasnt about stir frying it was clearly about deep frying. You can LOL all you want but what I posted is the truth.

Yeah I agree completely, sorry if my original post suggested that I was saying anything other. Some people think that deep frying in things like coconut oil or olive oil are okay though since they arent full of saturated fat is okay and thats just not the case.

Okay good. I've been using coconut oil in the pan when cooking them. I guess I could steam them and add oil after. I love sauteed onions though.

You can saute. Just don't overcook.

Ah, actually I didn't mean deep frying, I'm not interested in that at all. Even before going healthy deep fried things made me sick to my stomach. I basically just meant saute. Sorry for not being more specific n_n Anyway, I was wondering because when I cook meat in a skillet I don't add any oil or anything. I just let it cook in the grease that comes from the meat and add veggies. All but with eggs, since they don't cook the same way and will stick if nothing is used I've been confused on what was better. Since I've heard so much bad news from heated oil I've used butter instead. Not a chunk or anything. I slide the stick across the pan. So it's just enough to get the job done.

So sauteing is okay? Because I've been avoiding all recipies that call for it.

Ah, actually I didn't mean deep frying, I'm not interested in that at all. Even before going healthy deep fried things made me sick to my stomach. I basically just meant saute. Sorry for not being more specific n_n Anyway, I was wondering because when I cook meat in a skillet I don't add any oil or anything. I just let it cook in the grease that comes from the meat and add veggies. All but with eggs, since they don't cook the same way and will stick if nothing is used I've been confused on what was better. Since I've heard so much bad news from heated oil I've used butter instead. Not a chunk or anything. I slide the stick across the pan. So it's just enough to get the job done.

Yeah this is exactly what I do except I add oil if I'm using turkey and chicken (if it's lean). You should add some oil on top at the end if you don't add any while cooking.

Probably the healthiest cooking method for vegetables is going to be steaming. As for meat, cooking it at low temperatures for longer periods of time like stewing is supposed to limit unhealthy byproducts.