Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soonBfree

Accutane---HOPEFULLY

-----Well, last week had a horrible appointment. After paying $30 copay and waiting forever I finally got to see the doctor. So, the nurse-horrible!! but the doc didnt even look at my face..... I even started crying- yeah I am lame!!- but she just said lets start with antibotics......ummmm Well I just told you I tried them already nothing worked except hives and I dont want to 'try' things anymore- I am almost 25 years old and I suffer everyday for yearsssss.

-- I have bad nodules/cystic on my face and veryyyy oily. Nothing works.. probably spent over $4000 over these years to buy things for my face. Nothing works.

---So after she gave me a prescrip for an antibotic I went on home-well i pulled it out and read the information it came with and it stated WILL NOT WORK ON CYSTIC/NODULE ACNE. So I even drove back to ask doc why she would prescribe me this. .... The same nurse came back, evil as ever and said well that is why we gave you differn....hmmm just got done telling you that I was on that for a year and it didnt work, 'gave it a try'. Enough is enough now.....I am dont trying this and this and this. I am not 16 and going thru puberty. no offense to 16 yr olds but I am 24, my time is overrrrrr!!!!

--- SO got a new appt with a new doctor and I am hopinggggg that she will actually look at my face and see that its a problem. I am sick of hiding behind my finger nails and looking down. I want to go out and play!!!!! ANywho, hopefully this will become my blog for the next 4 months and I get to share my story with others that are so sick of hiding and staying home and buying everything you can for your face. And all you want to do is live your life--like you should be. So even if your 12 or 55, noone should have to go through this at all. --If its legal for 12 yr old I dont know.

--- Right now have about 6 nodules --2 are coming I can feel it...and many other pimples on my face. Mostly on my chin-adult acne- forehead----very oillllllyyyy

BY THE WAY my long blog-- I dont eat ice cream-makes me get real bad nodules- fast food, fatty foods,pop, dont smoke, dont drink---well a little smile.gif, exercise but cant sweat bc makes me break out, eat veggies and fruits/protein. SO thats not it

Right now on Dermalogica its nice but I would love to be washing face with like simple face wash. Ok hopefully UPDATE SOOOOONNNN!!!! STAY TUNNED

I'm sorry you had to go through that! Some doctors/nurses don't seem to care about or listen to their patients AT ALL. Makes you wonder why they wanted to be in the health industry in the first place! I'm glad that you got a new doctor though. Maybe the second time will be the charm?

I'm almost 20, so I can (sort of?) identify with you on the age/acne thing. When I think of acne, I think of kids! I know I'm not even out of my teens yet, but I'd like to think I'm past the stage in my life where I have to feel awkward and embarrassed about how I look all the time. Psh, that crap was for middle school!

Anyway, DO keep us posted! I can't wait to see how this turns out for you!

Amy

I'm sorry you had to go through that! Some doctors/nurses don't seem to care about or listen to their patients AT ALL. Makes you wonder why they wanted to be in the health industry in the first place! I'm glad that you got a new doctor though. Maybe the second time will be the charm?

I'm almost 20, so I can (sort of?) identify with you on the age/acne thing. When I think of acne, I think of kids! I know I'm not even out of my teens yet, but I'd like to think I'm past the stage in my life where I have to feel awkward and embarrassed about how I look all the time. Psh, that crap was for middle school!

Anyway, DO keep us posted! I can't wait to see how this turns out for you!

Amy

Hopefully it will be bc this is getting crazayyy!!! I see that you got the claravis...did the doctor say that one was better than the rest...I see that they have 3 generics. So trying to see why they would prescribe one over the other... How did the claravis work for you??!?!?!?!?!?!

--Also what steps did you have to take to actually start the pills?? I know 2 preggo tests but considering thats a NO WAY and on birth control already- wondering if that will speed up the process...

Edited by soonBfree

Well.......Got my accutaneeeee!!!! She actually looked at my face this time. But bad thing about being a woman is gotta get those preggo tests. So I get blood work tom. and then on Aug 6th I go in and get my pills. I am usually really impatient but knowing that I am already getting the pills I am fine. But what sucks is past couple days I have not been doing my usual routine for my face, thinking the worse it is the faster the doc would write my prescription. ehhhh. So now I look horrible and dreading going to work..Anywho she gave me doxy bc she said something like the fda likes to see that antibiotics didnt work for the month before you take accutane.??? So i wont take them bc I am not having my face get worse just so that they can see it work. PLUS anti's dont even start working till like 2-3 months....yeahhhhh that just clicked inn!!! anywho...ramblingggg...

Update in a month..August 6th..... :D:D:D

My derm didn't say which one was better than another. He just immediately wrote the prescription for Claravis. I have a feeling though that the different generics work differently for different people.

As far as the steps I took to start Accutane: I had already been on birth control, which you need to be on for at least a month before starting accutane. If I hadn't been on it, it could easily have set me back another month. Then I had bloodwork done in May. Once the results came in, i waited 5 weeks from that day. Then I went in, took a pregnancy test (urine, not blood) then I got my prescription. I got it filled that afternoon!

I'm SO happy to see that you got approved for Accutane. I'm 24 and can totally relate to how you feel about having passed the puberty oily phase and wanting to have skin that matches your age. Now is the hard part...waiting to start. But I can guarantee that it will flyyyy by and before you know it you'll be popping your first pill :)

Yeah I hope it flies by!!! I told the doc that I was already on birth control for two months but she said that they have to see the month.....whatevs the hardest part was gettin it lol so..... Yes I cannnnnt wait to pop that pill.....and now I sound like a drug addict!! lol I hope i dont get the hair fallen out side effect.......ehhhhhhh