Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blakechace

My neck gets really really dry and flaky!

Hi, I've been using this regime for about 2 weeks after a couple of months' treatment of other BP product.

I mostly get blemishes on the face but do get pimples on my neck occasionally which is very annoying. The problem now I'm having is that the skin on my face seems to be used to the treatment whereas my neck does not. It's even more embarrassing that there is a visible line on my neck in between the parts which I apply the treatment and the rest of it.

Could someone give me any suggestions on this? Did I do anything wrong??

Thanx!

Steven

I have the exact same problem. I got zits on my jawline and applied BP there liberally, and I think it must just seep down once it's under the skin.

I would be careful NOT to apply it at all on the areas you don't get zits. In fact, moisturize those areas first so that when you're applying the BP you'll know when to be extra careful. Also, try slathering on the vaseline at night. It's noncomedogenic and usually makes a significant difference by morning in dryness.

What moisturizer are you using? I haven't used it yet (it's currently in the mail) but I hear great things about Cetaphil and a few drops of jojoba oil. After using jojoba oil for a little less than a week I can say that there is a decrease in my flakiness, but that my face is still dry.

Also, maybe cut back EVER so slightly on the BP just for a few days? That could totally help too.