Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tai

People looking at your acne or checking u out?

Hey! i dont know if i should be happy or sad because alot of times when i go out, my friends would sometimes say "Tai that girl is staring at you" or "Tai shes checking you out" I dint really put comments like this into mind because i always thought its my acne but maybe there is a chance they dig me? i mean... i dressed good, my hair is always perfect so maybe am not that ugly as i though?

Any of you guys have similar situations?

uhhh, 99% of the time it's because they like you.. You gotta pick up on the signals.. People have better things to do then stare at people's acne.

i have the same problem....if a girl is staring at me i get deffensive and think "wtf are you looking at". i always asked myself that question. are there staring at me or my acne?

It's all a self esteem issue. A guy checked me when I was in my car at a red light the other day. I know he was checking me out, I know the signals. And I should have enjoyed the positive attention but I was paranoid he might be checking out my acne too.

Makaveli, you're right. People do have better things to do. And they notice your overall appearance rather than just your acne.

People might glance quickly at your acne in the street, but they won't maintain eye contact and consciously stare at you for any period of time for it.

If they're checking you out, they're checking you out - it's a pretty obvious thing to notice, actually.

It's kind of a subconscious thing when u got acne, but they're probably not 1so focused on your skin like u are try smiling at her and see her reaction. maybe she'll smile back but even if she turns around shes probably just nervous or something.

but if u r into her don't just sit there feeling bad about alittle acne!

Yes, I recognize it to. A girl was looking at me from a distance lately when I was working. I thought, what do you see in me, you probably can't see my personality from that distance. So all of a sudden she approaches me and she wanted my number. We talked a bit and she walked away, and never heared from here again :sad:. Probably I didn't looked that nice from close range wink.gif .

Yes, I recognize it to. A girl was looking at me from a distance lately when I was working. I thought, what do you see in me, you probably can't see my personality from that distance. So all of a sudden she approaches me and she wanted my number. We talked a bit and she walked away, and never heared from here again  :sad:. Probably I didn't looked that nice from close range  wink.gif .

The problem is that we interpret things in a negative way because we are so focused on our acne or whatever flaw, that we think that the person talking to us is also focussing on it.

My friends literrally have to tell me that someone is checking me out because I have such low confidence that I feel that no one would ever want to check me out.

The other day I met this girl and we were talking and stuff and after she left my friends were like "Man did you see how much she was checking you out" I was like WTF. All this stuff is in our minds and because we spend so much time picking out our flaws we magnify them to be worse then they are.