Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

Need Help Ladies! Help me Find a better Primer

So right now i use Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel. Its okay. It helps redness, but i want my makeup to look more natural and smooth.

Plus its 56 bucks. Theres gotta be cheaper ones

I tried Monistat Chafing Gel, and i might give it another shot. But i want something that specifically says Oil Free. My skin is sensitive and breaks out easy/gets irritated easy

So, this is what im looking for:

A primer that

-is oil free

-good with sensitive skin

-mattifies ( i get really shiny)

-helps makeup last longer

-smooths out makeup, makes it look natural so that it doesn't rub off on things

-REDUCES REDNESS (but isn't green, those just make me look funny) lol

(i have lots of red marks/red cheeks, nose, and chin)

I just need a primer that will smooth out my skin and not irritate it. reduce redness etc.

The one i have now is oil free which is nice, but i wish it made my makeup seep in more and look smoother..

So any suggestions would be nice!!

(I hear alot about smashbox for some reason but its reviews on MUA are pretty bad)

Thankssssss

description:

Specifically created for oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin types; oil-free

Contains high water content and addresses surface dehydration around active blemishes

Oil controlling ingredients ensure long-wear and flawless application

Vitamins A, C, and E act as antioxidants & protect the skin from harmful, aging effects of the environment

Cooling Foundation Primer in the refrigerator is refreshing for the skin and reduces puffiness

1.7 fl. oz./50ml

to be honest, thats the one im shooting for next (once i finish my revlon beyond and natural smooth primer). I also didnt like the other primers because it makes me oily. But that one (the one im buying next) sounds promising.

ohh okay so u haven't tried it yet??

i looked it up on MUA and i didn't see the best reviews...

its hard finding a perfect one :(

I liked Smashbox's as it really did do a good job for creating a good base for my makeup, but I'm not sure if it's the best thing for skin.

Hmm I debate about that too. I think it really depends on the skin type. I tend toward dry and it's been really good about smoothing everything out...

I lean towards dry too, so perhaps that's why it's been working well for us. I did not experience breakouts, but am a bit hesitant to recommend because I know that some people do experience breakouts. It has some not-so-great-for-some-people ingredients. But those don't seem to bother my skin.

My skin right now, oddly enough, seems to be turning to "normal" rather than dry...or well-hydrated...I do moisturize a lot so...

I lean towards dry too, so perhaps that's why it's been working well for us. I did not experience breakouts, but am a bit hesitant to recommend because I know that some people do experience breakouts. It has some not-so-great-for-some-people ingredients. But those don't seem to bother my skin.

My skin right now, oddly enough, seems to be turning to "normal" rather than dry...or well-hydrated...I do moisturize a lot so...

Haha yeah I think it works best for people like us... I hesitate but I guess it's worth a try for others?? Unless they know that certain ingredients definitely break them out. Since I have started my regiment and stuck to a certain set of products my skin has been a lot happier too! I moisturize a lot too, it makes my skin sooo nice:)

I think I am lucky also in that I don't really think many things make me break out, thank god. At least not that I can tell!

I have to say I have no idea what breaks me out. I think it's just hormones for me, as I haven't noticed any specific response to products, though some feel better than others, and some seem to help rather than hurt.

I have to say I have no idea what breaks me out. I think it's just hormones for me, as I haven't noticed any specific response to products, though some feel better than others, and some seem to help rather than hurt.

That's true. I have the same thing, I don't think I react that violently to anything, some things just might inflame me a bit more. I think that's better than having things obviously hurt me though, I can try just about anything. Hormones seems to be me too. Haha we are pretty similar!

Ha so it's not good for oily skin? Well my skin is more combination. Dry cheeks everything elaevoiy and sensitive. Maybe I'll try a sample of the light verzion.

I'm not much of a makeup wearer, but I can tell you something I bought that I LOVE for my red marks. It's Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Correcting Powder. Here: Physician's Formula

It has red, green and yellow powder blended in with either translucent or tinted powder. I know you said you don't like the green stuff, but this doesn't look weird on me at all.. and I'm verrryy picky about makeup.

My skin is oily too and this helps. I might be shiny several hours into the day, but I don't think anything is gonna stop that short of my skin actually being less oily.

Bottom line: Skin looks smoother and more even toned, doesn't break me out, costs about $14 and you can get it at any drugstore.

Give it a try!