Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
axtine8

Sharing Faith and Courage: An Accutane Log

I hope you had an excellent bday! Im sorry Im a little behind. So, it seems you are doing good and you are continuing on the meds. I know you were worried about your triglyceride #s. Did your doc mention anything about that? Obviously I curious for selfish reasons :) Congrats to you on your improvements and your positive attitude. I agree: the longer I was on the meds, and as soon as I saw a little improvement, the easier it became and the more positive and patient I became.

I forgot to mention that too! At the very end of the appointment, I thought it was time for my blood test, but the NP told me that I wouldn't be taking one this month. I asked how she would know if my triglycerides were too high, and she said that the only way she'd be worried enough to take me off the meds was if they were in the 800's. If I remember correctly, I think she said I was somewhere in the 200's, but I can't be sure. I was just so glad I wouldn't have to get a needle in my arm. haha And thanks for the support-- I really hope you can get back on it as soon as possible. When do you find out if you can start again?

Happy late birthday!!! haha, I wanted to tell you but this week has been so stressful that i only read posts and didn't comment on anyone.

Hope you are doing good with the course and with your life! :) haha

Hey Amy, thanks for stopping by my log - and happy (belated) birthday!

You're probably right to stay at 60 rather than bump up. You don't want to toy with another possible breakout or increased side effects - slow and steady wins the race huh!

And that's great you don't really have scarring - I don't think I do either; it's all just PIH which I'll be so happy to treat once I'm off tane for a while.

Oh and my nose is becoming my fav part of my face too! It's so smooth right now! Most of my blackheads are gone and because I never really broke out there, I have barely have any PIH. Can't wait until we love the skin EVERYWHERE on our faces!!

hi amy,

i wanted to wish you a happy (belated sorry) birthday! i hope you enjoyed your bday. im glad to hear that you are doing fine with your treatment and i wanted to give you some advice on the 80mg if you want to constantly go through backaches everyday stay away from it. i cant complain about excessive dry skin cause its not that bad but the body aches are the worst, i think the 60mg is just perfect for you and soon you'll have beautiful flawless skin.

Day 72

I just knew all this Accutane shenanigans was for a good cause. Because by the time my skin is clear and I’m all done with my course… I will be married!

Jack and I have been discussing this for a while, even before he left to study abroad at the beginning of this year. It’s only been in the past few months, though, that it became definite. We both knew it would happen, just not when. But honestly, I didn’t think he would ask so soon, so I was taken aback!

We are getting married this December or January in Snowflake, Arizona. The date should be set sometime later this week. We chose not to get married in Utah because of weather concerns, and Arizona is so pretty that time of year! The location in Snowflake has beautiful red rock everywhere, and it’s very peaceful and serene. If any of you ever get the chance to go to Arizona, DO IT! It is one of the most beautiful places on earth!

So, here are a few pictures before I leave. I couldn’t resist. : )

#1: Jack and me this Sunday. Some of the ladies in our church wanted a picture for the newsletter. Go figure. Haha

#2: And this is the ring!

#3: And this is where we're getting married! It’s beautiful, no? Snowflake, Arizona

Anyway, I have to stop writing before I take up an entire page. This wasn’t even skin-related in the slightest, so I figure I need to cut it short before I turn this Accutane blog into a wedding blog.

Peace and love!

Amy

PICTURES REMOVED 10/11/10

Edited by axtine8

When I saw the word snowflake, that was not the image I had in my head!! It does look beautiful though! Really happy for you!! x

okay so i'm not even exaggerating i teared up a teeeeeny bit reading that! OMG wow o wow so happy you guys are literally adorable and you can tell even from that one picture how happy he is ;)

i will now proceed with the rest of my day thinking life and love is beautiful :)

you will make a truly gorgeous bride..

p.s snowflake arizona looks like the outback of australia :P haha your photos are going to be STUNNING x

Edited by jennyband

Day 75

Everyone here is just so great. :) Thanks for all the support! Things are moving along. Jack and I decided on December 4th, because we don’t want to interfere with Christmas. The only problem with that date is it’s the week before finals. Yes, call me crazy. That’s just what my sister said, even though she’s getting married in early October, right in the middle of our semester. It’ll all work out though. We only have three months though, so things got very hectic VERY fast. Today, my mother made me pick my wedding colors. I have decided on purple and green. (Though that may easily change at any given point in the next two weeks)

SKIN! Of course! How could I leave that out? My skin is just getting better and better. My red marks are still terrible, but now that my skin is way less bumpy, makeup looks a lot better. I still don’t go too close to the mirror though. I know that I could probably handle it, but these last six months have just ingrained that fear into me. I hope that is one of the first things to go away once I become completely clear. I have no major cysts. I have small pimples on my chin by my mouth, a few on my left temple and one on my forehead. My skin overall is getting a lot smoother, but compared to normal standards, it’s way below par. But it IS the best it has been since the beginning of summer, so I’m definitely not complaining.

I never thought I’d be one of THOSE acne.org members. You know, the ones that get great results, and then insist on obsessing over the few blemishes they’re left with? Well, I am one of those now. Even though my skin has made great strides, I’m still freaking out the same amount I was before, but now that stress is only concentrated on the few I have left. GRRR! You just can’t win with acne, I’ve decided. I’ll either be completely happy and clear, or perpetually annoyed/stressed and broken out. I’m only about half way through month 3 though, so I shouldn’t have to put up with this much longer.

I am starting to get frightened for my post-accutane experience. My derm insists that I won’t relapse because I am a textbook case so far for a great accutane course, but I’m scared that I’ll just go back to the way I was before and accutane will not be permanent. It’s terrifying, the thought of what I’ll have to do next if this joins the list of temporary fixes.

Keep hanging in there! I love to hear from you guys! Talk to you all soon,

Amy

P.S. I’ll post pictures sometime this weekend. Prepareth thyselves.

Edited by axtine8

Things are going so well for you!! Just curious as to wht your derm meant by saying you were a text book case?? I wish my derm had been so convinced! He just said ther was an 80-90% success rate but there were no guarantees!! Cheers for that mr derm!!

Things are going so well for you!! Just curious as to wht your derm meant by saying you were a text book case?? I wish my derm had been so convinced! He just said ther was an 80-90% success rate but there were no guarantees!! Cheers for that mr derm!!

Hey Del!

What he meant was that I've pretty much fulfilled every requirement to have a successful course. There's always doubt, but nothing strange or unusual has happened during my course. He has treated thousands of people with Isotretinoin and he says that he can usually tell by now how much success people will have. He says my type of acne is the most responsive to Accutane, I haven't had crazy side effects, and I started clearing up at the right time (month 3). He also mentioned the fact that my skin is extremely resilient and that will help keep the acne at bay once I'm off. Hopefully he's right. I NEVER want to deal with this ever again!

Edited by axtine8

Remember my photographer roommate, who took that colorful picture of my eye that I posted on the first page of my log? Well, after our bi-annual Saturday morning America's Next Top Model marathon, we were inspired, so we decided to be adventurous and do a photoshoot! :lol: We lost the light because we did it in the evening, so we'll do some more tomorrow. This is one small one that she didn't even touch up. Yeah, I'm wearing makeup, but it looks just sooo much better than it has. If I'm daring enough to do closeups tomorrow, I'll post them (also unretouched).

PICTURE REMOVED 10/11/10

Edited by axtine8

Remember my photographer roommate, who took that colorful picture of my eye that I posted on the first page of my log? Well, after our bi-annual Saturday morning America's Next Top Model marathon, we were inspired, so we decided to be adventurous and do a photoshoot! :lol: We lost the light because we did it in the evening, so we'll do some more tomorrow. This is one small one that she didn't even touch up. Yeah, I'm wearing makeup, but it looks just sooo much better than it has. If I'm daring enough to do closeups tomorrow, I'll post them (also unretouched).

Woah whose the total betty??!! damn girl...

cute dress too ;)

j x

You look so pretty! :) your skin looks amazing! !! I wanted to let you know im wearing a ponytail right.now! :) it feels so good because my makeup covers so well with almost no actives we are getting to the time we said wed talk about 2 months ago remember? Haha

I am sooooo behind!!! Happy super belated BDAY and congratulations on your engagement. I am so happy for you. You sound like such a sweet girl and you deserve the world. AWWWWW!!!!

Congraulations on the wedding and the clear skin :D You guys look so happy together and you are going to make a beautiful bride. I think that the way marriage is viewed where you live is awesome. If you love someone - you marry them. No age limits or pregnancy speculations. I know that I'm going to marry my boyfriend and we've talked about engagement alot but my family would be completely against the idea since we're both only 19. I even said to my mom the other day something about getting engaged at 21 and she said there'd be no way my family would accept that. It's ridiculous! I've found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with and just because we're too "young" we can't make that commitment. It's so incredible for you to be able to take that decision into your own hands. From looking at the picture of you too it's so obvious that you're perfect for each other and you're perfectly happy. You've found your soulmate and you can make that commitment. I'm so envious of you and yet happy for you at the same time! Plus you'll have clear skin on your wedding day :D

Day 81

Things seem to be going pretty well! I only have one major cyst on my face right now—it cropped up last night, and it’s about an inch from the corner of my left eye. It’s one of those deep ones that hurt just by touching it, but it’s by no means the biggest I’ve ever had. I have some small ones on my chin and upper cheeks, and there are two cysts healing on my right cheek. They’re flat, but they’re still dry and scabby. Red marks--- ugh. That’s all I can say, just UGH. Makeup is definitely a must, because I look sunburned STILL. It’s getting better though, a little bit each and every day. I estimate that the red marks will be manageable in a month or two. My skin’s texture is not too smooth right now, but it’s become a ton better now that I’ve ditched the liquid makeup! I’m only using bare minerals right now, and it’s working. Sure, I have to use about 5x the normal amount, but it lends a more natural look/feel to my skin and I’m less self-conscious about my makeup in public.

I honestly don’t know how I made it through those terrible, terrible months over the summer. I still have a long way to go, but the improvement has been drastic.

For all you readers who are still in the early stages of accutane, just know this: it may be slow-going right now, but I PROMISE that time speeds up. I looked at my calendar today and had to double check my math when I realized that I was 20 days into month 3. This has been the quickest month so far!

Wedding plans are coming along. I’m not going to lie, I kind of underestimated all the work that goes into planning weddings. Today, I planned out how my engagement photos are going to go this weekend, and I chose a printing company for the announcements. And so many other things! AHHHH! At least I don’t have to worry about the venues: all we had to do was reserve a date at the Snowflake Arizona Temple, no payments necessary. And we’re having the reception at my grandparents’ house in Park City. I’m thinking about using my sister’s wedding gown. We are exactly the same size and we have similar tastes. But then again, don't I want my very own dress?! SO. MANY. CHOICES. My head is going to explode I swear. :sick:

Time will tell soon enough—I have to figure all this stuff up really soon! Here’s hoping I don’t die of stress. Eek!

Keep in touch!

Amy

jenny: Why, thank you! :lol: I never knew what a betty was before! Thank you, online australian slang dictionary!!!

vintage: It IS this time! It came so fast, I can't even believe it's here. And I'm glad you're wearing a ponytail. I haven't done that yet, but I'm going to force myself to sometime within the next few weeks. ;)

breanana: Thanks so much!

goodz: Thanks, and I hope you are too. I also hope you are able to get back on the meds ASAP.

hope: I haven't talked to you in so long! Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you are having a fantastic course yourself. :) I HAVE to make my way over to your log and catch myself up on you and everyone else.

niamh: that post meant a lot to me. I'm glad that I've been getting as much support as I have been, because this is such a challenging time as it is. I can't imagine having little or no support from your family! :( I agree, sometimes you just know. Your relationship is probably the same way, but I don't think I'm going to change so much that Jack and I could ever not be together? Did that make sense? haha He's my best friend and I've never loved anyone as deeply as I loved him. AHH, I have to stop myself before I go on a mushy love rant. :rolleyes: I really hope things work out for you and your boyfriend. Even though it's hard, if it's meant to be than it WILL be. And nothing will change that!

This is one of Abby's bridal pictures-- aka The dress that I may or may not wear. And with that, I will effectively stop posting pictures not related to acne. :lol:

PICTURE REMOVED 10/11/10

Edited by axtine8

okay i have to give my reaction to the dress first... beautiful. its absolutely gorgeous. i understand you wanting to wear your own however.. on your time limit its pretty prefect though ;)

and yes you are a total betty :D hahaha

j x

Edited by jennyband