Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I really need help to spend 50$ or less a week.

help me to spend $50 or less a week. I am a vegan.

You think it's alright to eat white rice sometimes ? I haven't eat my mom's rice in ages. Just that she needs to replace the corn oil for olive oil. >_>

Edited by EddieE

Beans and rice, buy bulk and not canned. Saute onions and garlic to cook in the beans. Then just get some veggies like broccoli. You can make a basic salad by quickly steaming the broccoli, then putting olive oil and vinegar and salt and garlic over it in a bowl. Uhmm.. you should know what else you need to keep healthy as a vegan. But Fill up on beans and rice if you only have 50$ a week.

I see no problem with rice, if you are really scared(this board seems to scare everyone, you should try things for yourself especially something as basic as rice) eat whole brown rice. It's more expensive though, and i prefer white.

Edited by stephen i

Beans and rice, buy bulk and not canned. Saute onions and garlic to cook in the beans. Then just get some veggies like broccoli. You can make a basic salad by quickly steaming the broccoli, then putting olive oil and vinegar and salt and garlic over it in a bowl. Uhmm.. you should know what else you need to keep healthy as a vegan. But Fill up on beans and rice if you only have 50$ a week.

I see no problem with rice, if you are really scared(this board seems to scare everyone, you should try things for yourself especially something as basic as rice) eat whole brown rice. It's more expensive though, and i prefer white.

Thanks! I think I will eat white rice occasionally. Like 2 times a week.

I like the beans idea that you posted. I usually buy canned beans. I guess I shouldn't buy them canned. I am going to buy garbanzo, pinto , and kidney beans ( not canned ) and cook them.

I really need to find a part-time ASAP. I don't want to eat junk food at my house.

Edited by EddieE

Beans and rice, buy bulk and not canned. Saute onions and garlic to cook in the beans. Then just get some veggies like broccoli.

Keep frozen chopped greens like collards and spinach on hand and add to the beans when everything else is done. These greens are high in methionine, which is the amino acid most beans are limited in.

Beans and rice, buy bulk and not canned. Saute onions and garlic to cook in the beans. Then just get some veggies like broccoli.

Keep frozen chopped greens like collards and spinach on hand and add to the beans when everything else is done. These greens are high in methionine, which is the amino acid most beans are limited in.

Thanks. I know the beans are very cheap. So you wouldn't suggest canned beans?

I don't know how to cook the hard ones.. is it straightforward? :D

bulk beans you just soak for however long you have time to and then cook them until they are as soft as canned ones in water. I've cooked them without soaking a few times but I think they come out harder and drier this way.

I don't really approve of white rice because it has no fiber and a lot of other carbs so it will be absorbed quickly into the blood stream & cause a spike in blood sugar...which won't keep you full but I have no idea what effect it would have on acne.