Find results in...

What are best nuts and seeds less likely to cause breakouts

almonds

wlanuts

pumkin

were what I was thinking of eating

Should I soak them?

I like crunchy nuts though haha

Macadamia nuts. Their fats more resemble olive oil than other nuts or seeds... They are better raw and fresh so the fats are not rancid, and even better if soaked/dried so they have less anti-nutrients and are more easily digested. They make a good macadamia butter, too.

What are best nuts and seeds less likely to cause breakouts

almonds

wlanuts

pumkin

were what I was thinking of eating

Should I soak them?

I like crunchy nuts though haha

raw cashew

raw almonds

I don't like pumkins anymore. However, I am going to buy them again because it's very healthy.

PS: I never soak them. I need more information why I should soak them. I will search for it.

Macadamia nuts. Their fats more resemble olive oil than other nuts or seeds... They are better raw and fresh so the fats are not rancid, and even better if soaked/dried so they have less anti-nutrients and are more easily digested. They make a good macadamia butter, too.

I am going to look into Macadamia nuts. =]

Edited by EddieE

I have been eating lots of soaked almonds lately, and they are still 'crunchy' after soaking them. I mean they are slightly different (mainly in that they taste better), but they by no means get soggy or soft by soaking them.

depends on your personal food intolerances, but legumes like peanuts and soy would be the worst especially if not fermented.

Pumpkin seeds are high quality protein and high in the nutrients we often supplement for acne like zinc and beta sitosterol. But sunflower seeds are also a quality protein source and close in the other nutrients and much cheaper.

Edited by alternativista

I have been eating lots of soaked almonds lately, and they are still 'crunchy' after soaking them. I mean they are slightly different (mainly in that they taste better), but they by no means get soggy or soft by soaking them.

Did you dehydrate them?

It is impossible to generalize. My reaction to brazil nuts, hazlenuts, pumpkin seeds is positive, whereas I get an acne rush from cashews, walnuts and almonds.

One reason why many people believe they are sensitive to nuts is because nuts are often rancid. for instance with brazil nuts you got to be very careful.

It is impossible to generalize. My reaction to brazil nuts, hazlenuts, pumpkin seeds is positive, whereas I get an acne rush from cashews, walnuts and almonds.

One reason why many people believe they are sensitive to nuts is because nuts are often rancid. for instance with brazil nuts you got to be very careful.

PS: I never soak them. I need more information why I should soak them. I will search for it.

Nuts and seeds contain lectins. These lectins have a effect on the lining of the gut cells and can cause leaky gut. Soaking can get out a lot of these lectins.

Lectins are complex molecules found in common plant foods

and may be composed entirely of protein or of protein and carbohydrate. If they

contain both proteins and carbohydrates, they are given the scientific term

“glycoproteins”. Lectins act like super glue in the body and can bind and

potentially disrupt normal function in almost all of the cells in the body.

Walnuts (4:1) and then macadavion (6:1) have the best omega ratio. Walnuts have more unsaturated fats macadavion more saturated. Both good.

Edited by joris

Nuts and seeds contain lectins. These lectins have a effect on the lining of the gut cells and can cause leaky gut. Soaking can get out a lot of these lectins.

Lectins are complex molecules found in common plant foods

and may be composed entirely of protein or of protein and carbohydrate. If they

contain both proteins and carbohydrates, they are given the scientific term

“glycoproteins”. Lectins act like super glue in the body and can bind and

potentially disrupt normal function in almost all of the cells in the body.

Walnuts (4:1) and then macadavion (6:1) have the best omega ratio. Walnuts have more unsaturated fats macadavion more saturated. Both good.

Macadamia nuts have so little "total" omegas that they will not really offset an already good balance whereas Walnuts have a lot and will quickly increase a 6:3 ratio with just a few... so really, macs beat out walnuts in that department unless you eat handfuls of them in one day.

What section is quinoa and almonds in the supermarket?

If you can go to a health food or natural food store, both of these items are usually sold in the bulk section.

In a regular supermarket, quinoa is near the rice. Almonds and other nuts are usually in a 'snack' aisle....like at the end of the chip aisle.

I have found both items are cheaper, per ounce, bought at the health food store from the bulk section.