Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotglue01

blackheads on chin!!

Hey,

So I have a few blackheads on my chin, less then ten but more than 5, and they tend to love turning into inflamed zits. I got a few new ones this week (grrr) and I'm wondering why. I have been on the Regimen for 6.5 weeks and it helped with some of them but not yet the others. I don't want to get a bunch of big inflamed zits down the line, so is there ANYTHING I can do to get rid of these things? Can my derm extract them or something? Once they're gone I feel like my chin can FINALLY start to heal (I don't get zits there unless there is a blackhead underneath it).

Do all blackheads eventually turn into a big ol' zit?

Mine don't :). I've just realised what a useless post this is, as I have no advice. But good luck with whatever you choose to do and try :)

Treatment for any sort of acne, whether it be penis pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, or cystic acne is generally the same. Here are a few tips to get you started so you can go have some fun without being self-conscious.

Don't over-scrub your genitals

- Some people (myself included) try to over-wash their penis in order to 'clean it' better. This doesn't work and can actually make the condition worse! Wash your penis normally in the shower, preferrably with a non-comedogenic wash, instead of regular soap.

Do NOT pop or squeeze penis pimples!

- If you want to spread the infection, that's all you'll need to do. Leave them be. There is something you CAN do about them but it's not popping them.

Learn what foods are causing your acne

- This is the big one, and is actually the best acne treatment for penis pimples (or any form of acne that you may get).

When you are acne-prone, certain foods trigger sebum (oil) to produce on your body. This clogs pores and eventually turns into acne. For many people it's on their face, neck, or back. Some people get this oil on their penis, and sometimes you can barely even tell that your penis is oily, but it still clogs the pores!

This is what is happening to you. Your penis gets clogged because certain foods you may be eating are causing an inflammatory reaction. There are foods you simply must avoid, and other foods that can help get rid of your penis acne once and for all.

There's more to it than that, such as certain (all natural) supplements you can take in order to get rid of penis pimples.

Actually you should be more careful at a lot more things about blackheads, there are many solutions, but there is not the same problem to everyone. Stress, caffeine, bad food could be the causes, also some very good home remedies could help. If you use some creme, don't use one with alcohol as it may do more harm than better.

Edited by jamelia

Blackheads cannot be removed within one day. Maintenance is important. Clean your face scrub the affected area gently using facial scrub twice weekly. Rubbing Salt on the nose and chin area gently is also a good idea. After that, use a Toner. Thanks for sharing with us. :naughty:

I know this post is almost a year old (why are there comments?), but um... the penis tips are unnecessary! I'm a girl and I said chin! >.<

Anyway, I ended up picking them out myself as they were literally falling out of my face and nothing bad happened. Hope that brings some closure here.

I don't recommend you "pick" them out. If you're going to extract them, then buy a comedone extractor. It's a little metal tool with a loop on the end. Google it. :)

No. I had a blackhead on my chin actually sort of get pushed out on its own after a while, I just gently grabbed it with a kleenex. I have the opposite problem. When I try to get out an obvious blackhead in certain areas on my face, sometimes it gets inflamed. I never notice blackheads before I get inflamed ones. I think the benzoyl peroxide really helps keep inflammation down, I never used to get such tiny pimples before I used it.

womenssite, i cant seem to acces the link you provided...is it someones log about blackheads? Im desperate as i cant seem to stop my pores from plugging with them.

Guest Timehealsall
I know this post is almost a year old (why are there comments?), but um... the penis tips are unnecessary! I'm a girl and I said chin! >.<

Anyway, I ended up picking them out myself as they were literally falling out of my face and nothing bad happened. Hope that brings some closure here.

If they were "literally" falling out of your face, shouldn't they be able to just be rubbed off?

no because the end is stuck to the hair follicle and needs to be slightly pulled. Its quite satisfying when a huge ball of sebum comes out but its constant...

Guest Timehealsall
no because the end is stuck to the hair follicle and needs to be slightly pulled. Its quite satisfying when a huge ball of sebum comes out but its constant...

hmm, is the ball of sebum "hard" or soft?

i know you posted a photo earlier, but can you post one maybe of your pores clogged with the sebum?

mine are always hard...Some are literally stuck in there and need to be pryed out with the tip of the tweezer..Some are similiar to the ones on our nose and others are harder and deeper in the corners of my mouth and lip line. Those are soo tiny it wouldnt show on the camera

Hey,

So I have a few blackheads on my chin, less then ten but more than 5, and they tend to love turning into inflamed zits. I got a few new ones this week (grrr) and I'm wondering why. I have been on the Regimen for 6.5 weeks and it helped with some of them but not yet the others. I don't want to get a bunch of big inflamed zits down the line, so is there ANYTHING I can do to get rid of these things? Can my derm extract them or something? Once they're gone I feel like my chin can FINALLY start to heal (I don't get zits there unless there is a blackhead underneath it).

You can try extracting them using manual tools. I recommend steaming your face before you do this. This is not an invasive procedure but do take caution if you have sensitive skin.

Hey,

You can try extracting them using manual tools. I recommend steaming your face before you do this. This is not an invasive procedure but do take caution if you have sensitive skin.