Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babylove0655

My expereince with Clean and Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment

Hey everyone...so i've been on this site alot latley, since my unfortunate occurance of events.

I have had perfectly clear skin, with the minor pimple here and there, mostly i get three break outs right before my menstration cycle. Back in Feburary of this year (2010) i used Clean and Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment and woke up to find a huge black patch of skin on my face, located close to my lip, i had three tiny little break outs and put a little dab on the spots. I imiideiatley went to the walk in clinic the day of and the doctor prescribed CLINDASOL and CLYDOXICLYN GEL. These products did not help. At the current time my mom was in Guyana on vacation, so i waited for her to come back and i visited my family doctor. My family doctor told me to imiediatley stop using the two prescribed medications that they were making it worse and she set up a dermotologistg appointment for me. Upon going to the dermotologist i felt ten times worse, she was not friendly, i waited over an hour past my scheduled appointment for her and she took 1 look at me asked me 2 questions and gave me a bunch of prescriptions.

1) she reccomended La roche-posay FACEWASH/FACE LOTION-- wich is amazing!

2)apo-doxy(pill) 1 a day

3)tretinion

4)hyrdaval

Everything worked pretty well exacelt the face wash is for hydration which i dont need so i switched back to neutrogena.

The pill has minimized the size of my pimples and the gunk that came out of them, they actuall are so tiny they look like a tiny little heat rash bump.

The hydroval really improved the burn from the Clean and Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment, but cannot be takin to long becuase its a steriod.

The tretnion cream however braught on a whole diferent problem, using it my skin became, stiff and dry, so stiff that my skin broke and peeled , it was a horrible experence, stining, peeling, redness, dryness. it left marks whicha re going away slowly, but the trauma and the mental pain i put up with has scarred me for life,i was always a outgoign bright fun person, people always described me as a star! now i sit at home 24/7 and dont like going out being in public, nadda ..nothing, zip.

The past 5 months ive seen some improvements but i have alot of dark marks for the whole experience.

I just wanted to share with everyone so they can take precaustions if using the products. Please becareful with what you use, do your research before.

I am currently seeing a new dermotologist that has kept me with the pill, the face wash, and prescribed differin, but im too scared to use it. she reccomneneded a dosage every other night.

clean and clear only returned the money that i spent on the product and nothing further btw. 12.99 for my pain and suffering? not at all sums it up. I missed 1 week of school( currently in college), i missed 2 months of work ...pretty brutal

Hey everyone...so i've been on this site alot latley, since my unfortunate occurance of events.

I have had perfectly clear skin, with the minor pimple here and there, mostly i get three break outs right before my menstration cycle. Back in Feburary of this year (2010) i used Clean and Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment and woke up to find a huge black patch of skin on my face, located close to my lip, i had three tiny little break outs and put a little dab on the spots. I imiideiatley went to the walk in clinic the day of and the doctor prescribed CLINDASOL and CLYDOXICLYN GEL. These products did not help. At the current time my mom was in Guyana on vacation, so i waited for her to come back and i visited my family doctor. My family doctor told me to imiediatley stop using the two prescribed medications that they were making it worse and she set up a dermotologistg appointment for me. Upon going to the dermotologist i felt ten times worse, she was not friendly, i waited over an hour past my scheduled appointment for her and she took 1 look at me asked me 2 questions and gave me a bunch of prescriptions.

1) she reccomended La roche-posay FACEWASH/FACE LOTION-- wich is amazing!

2)apo-doxy(pill) 1 a day

3)tretinion

4)hyrdaval

Everything worked pretty well exacelt the face wash is for hydration which i dont need so i switched back to neutrogena.

The pill has minimized the size of my pimples and the gunk that came out of them, they actuall are so tiny they look like a tiny little heat rash bump.

The hydroval really improved the burn from the Clean and Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment, but cannot be takin to long becuase its a steriod.

The tretnion cream however braught on a whole diferent problem, using it my skin became, stiff and dry, so stiff that my skin broke and peeled , it was a horrible experence, stining, peeling, redness, dryness. it left marks whicha re going away slowly, but the trauma and the mental pain i put up with has scarred me for life,i was always a outgoign bright fun person, people always described me as a star! now i sit at home 24/7 and dont like going out being in public, nadda ..nothing, zip.

The past 5 months ive seen some improvements but i have alot of dark marks for the whole experience.

I just wanted to share with everyone so they can take precaustions if using the products. Please becareful with what you use, do your research before.

I am currently seeing a new dermotologist that has kept me with the pill, the face wash, and prescribed differin, but im too scared to use it. she reccomneneded a dosage every other night.

clean and clear only returned the money that i spent on the product and nothing further btw. 12.99 for my pain and suffering? not at all sums it up. I missed 1 week of school( currently in college), i missed 2 months of work ...pretty brutal