Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baller99

Accutane log for a 17 year old

I am a 17 yo 5'10 135 pound male who has mostly moderate acne but sometimes it is severe. I am on accutane (claravis) and this is my 5th day of taking 40mg a day. I am excited to see results and finaly be done with my acne. I will keep posting throughout my journey. my face is still pretty oily and my lips are only slightly chaped. does anyone know when i will start to truely experience the side effects?? also, i am kinda worried about muscle pains, bc i am involved in sports on a daily basis. since day one i have been breaking out but it has not been terrible but it is still a breakout. i hope this is the famous INITIAL BREAKOUT. does anyone know how long the IB usually last?? please respond, share with me ur experiences or anything that may help. Here are some danceing circle people lol: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Edited by baller99

Hi! I just saw your log and thought I'd lend you some support! I'm only on my 8th day of accutane, and I'm ready to be rid of acne as well! So far I'm oily and my lips are chapped. My skin's pretty bad but clearing a bit already! I hope your treatment goes well, and I wish I had advice but since I'm just starting too I don't really have any! Haha

Edited by Crayolamarkers

Hi! I'm the mother of a 17-yr-old son who's been on Accutane (now on 60 mg daily) since the beginning of April. Regarding your concern about Accutane and sports . . . just wanted you to know that my son is in the middle of a 1700 mile bike ride and has been doing fine with absolutely no joint pain or excess fatigue. (And, they are biking 80-100 miles a day--over mountains!).

The only thing is, he's had to stop taking the Accutane in the middle of the trip due to the intense desert sun in California.

Good luck to you! My son was fortunate, and did not experience a bad initial breakout.

DAY 6

thanks for the responses guys...

so i took my 6th pill this mourning and and feel my small breakout being cured a little but also some new ones coming up... so i dont really know whats going on.. lets see, um my face was kinda dry in spots but still kinda greasy and my lips feel alittle more dry. in general, my acne is still worse than where i started from but i know it will get better..

as for other things i was so depressed after USA lost to Ghana today i really thought they shouda won that game but im kinda over it now.. yeah im pretty much just waiting for the initial breakout to stop (and i hope that this is the initial breakout bc it hasnt been terrible).

i will try to update around this time everyday.... please comment anything may help... :dance::dance:

upps i accidently started a new log with what i wanted to say now... haha

thx for the responses though.

SO today I TOOK THE SIXTH (6) PILL

and my breakout seems to be healing in spots but also new ones coming up so idk what is really happening... my face still greasy at spots like the forehead but dry on the cheeks so the dryness isn't bad, my lips are alittle dry but nothing bad (i havent used any chapstick in all 6 days). and yeah i am just hoping this really is the initial breakout bc it hasn't been bad but it still is a breakout..

on another note i was depressed for like an hour after USA lost to ghana in the world cup they really shouda won but keep the replies coming i think this website is great haha :dance::dance:

I merged your topics so they're all in one thread now. :P

Good luck on your course. :)

Hi! I just saw your log and thought I'd lend you some support! I'm only on my 8th day of accutane, and I'm ready to be rid of acne as well! So far I'm oily and my lips are chapped. My skin's pretty bad but clearing a bit already! I hope your treatment goes well, and I wish I had advice but since I'm just starting too I don't really have any! Haha

I think we're both on the same day of Accutane :D

Yesterday (6.26.10) marked the 9th day of treatment.

Good luck on your treatment!

ok so i just wanna say that the dried lips have arrived. face still greasy and breaking out, but like i said it is a manageable breakout, i will post with official day 7 results tonight.... thanks for the good luck wishes... :dance::dance::dance::dance:

I think we're both on the same day of Accutane :D

Yesterday (6.26.10) marked the 9th day of treatment.

Good luck on your treatment!

Yay! A friend! Haha well I'll probably be checking out your log then! I just write a blog not an actual log thing on here because I tend to write novels, and I don't want to put anyone through the misery of reading all that! Hahah but if you're super bored that's where you'll find my updates. :D

DAY 7

ok so today i took the 7th 40mg pill.. as u can see in the past post by me, the dried lips have arrived. i woke up this mourning with dried and chapped lips so today i had carmex with me at all times.. my face is still partly greasy but i do expect that my face will dry up soon.... I am still breaking out some but the healing is going fast.. I am not an expert on the terminalogy of the acne haha but i think i just have whiteheads.. can someone clear that up for me. How can u tell the differance between a cyst and a whitehead??? I have been having a couple new whiteheads (i think) each day and they usually are dried out within 24 hours.. they have left some red marks but those seem to be fading as well..my face still looks noticably worse now than it did when i started but i am just being patient and i expect it to improve within the next week. I have a few questions maybee some of u guys can help me with. ONe, is it ok to wash my face with cetaphill gentle cleasing bar (only twice a day)? Also: i was on someone elses log and they were taking 40mg twice a day instead of just once a day like me, so is 40mg a day considered to be a pretty low dose or is it normal for a person of my size (5'10 135 lb)?? i dont know if wieght really matters with this pill i am just wondering.. thanks for the responses guys, have a good one... Will update tomarow... :dance::dance::dance:

DAY 8

You guys are leaving me here its so lonely, haha just kiding...but really, start responding :D ,anyway, i took the 8th pill this mourning and more of the same, but it is geting worse, i have a bad cyst on my right side and i am breaking out with like 5 zits across the other areas of my face. My nose looks like a strawberry due to all the blackheads and my face is still as greasy as a double bacon cheeseburger, it really sucks, I hope this all improves very soon... but i am trying to stay optomistic in the situation, but i really did think the greasy face would be gone by now.. other news, my lips are still dry and chapped and gross, always have carmex by my side and i really need to get some sleep because i didn't sleep much last night...I have been trying so hard not to pick my face and i think it will pay off in the long run because i do not seem to be left with to bad of red marks... thanks for reading my log and would truely appreciate any type of response or encouragement becuase i am probably in the worst stage of this medication right now... have a great day :dance::dance:

Good luck to you on your course. Im approaching 1 month in, and it was maybe the longest month of my life. But I made it, and so will you. IB sux. I thought I had a bad one too. But as Im nearing the end of my 1st month, it seems to be on its way out. Hopefully yours will too. Keep us posted w/ your progress and check out a ton of June starters for additional info you may need.

HI! I just started generic amnesteem on the 21st so today is my 8th day. I'm experiencing lots of pimples but they are fading gradually. Made the mistake of picking one so it's probably gonna be hanging around longer that it would have if I didn't- so don't pick! I use cetaphil facial cleanser in the morning and at night, as well as cetaphil facial moisturizer twice a day. If your lips are still extremely dry try to use Aquaphor, it's a life-saver. I'm beginning to notice my lips are getting dry but everytime I do I grab the aquaphor, my lips have yet to start cracking using this! I hope this helps :)

Hey i was too tired to update day 9 last night so i will do it now

DAY 9

ok so at the end of day 8 i felt like my skin was really bad, 24 hours later, at the end of day nine, my skin looked so much better, i was shocked that this happened because after reading the message boards poeple were always like "omg i thought never could get worse and then it did". i was expecting it to get worse but it got better... i hope this is the ending of my initial breakout because that would be awesome.. at the end of day 9 that cyst i was talkin about is almost gone and its just a mark really, it will probably be completely gone in a couple days, during the coarse of day 9 no new things came up, my lips were really chaped during day 9 and face still prety greasy.. however, right now i am in the middle of day 10 and i have only used my carmex (chapstick) once and that was in the mourning and i haven't used it since, my lips are not as dry anymore and i am curious as to why that may be, does anyone know?? well anyway, i would consider myself a lucky person if my initial breakout was done now... I still have alot of blackheads coming up all at once though.. does anyone know when the blackheads get under control?? thanks for reading my log everyone and i will most likely update tonight on day 10 :dance::dance::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::hand::badgrin: haha that last face is funny

o yeah, one more thing, how do you put the link to your log on the bottom of every post like alot of people have??

Go to your profile/menu thing, find the drop down that has 'my controls'. Then look down on the left area until you see the words 'edit my signature' or something along those lines. You then insert the URL of your topic. Fiddle around with it and you should figure it out easily enough.

Ps, hello! Thanks for commenting my log, I'll be following yours :)

Edited by brighteyed

DAY 10

o yeah 10 days gone approx. 140 more to go.. YEAH!! haha well right now is the end of day 10 and i only useed chapstick once this whole day and it was about 15 hours ago so my lips are not dried or chapped for some reason and i am kinda concerned about that, why would that happen? anyway right now my face looks ok i have about 3 active zits or whiteheads (i dont know what to call them) i know they aren;t cyst because they are small and do not hurt to the touch. so those usually heal in about a day, i really hope my IB is over and i hope this doesn;t start anything crazy... haha well i still am just staying confident and patient because my face still looks worse from when i started but i know it will improve. its really wierd that my lips were not chapped today, its like i never took the pill or something but i know i did... whatever, i just am gonna sit back and let accutane (or the generic "claravis") do its thing, i have been doing a good job at not picking and i do not put any lotions or cream or peroxxide or anything on my face except cetaphil gentle cleaser once in the mourning and once at night, that is it... thanks for reading my log and i actually appreciate the responses, i really do, i just dont feel like personally responding to each one, but i would be happy to do that if someone had a personal question for me, i would be willing to respond directly. anyway, im going to bed, PEACE :cool::clap::banana::banana::banana::banana:

DAY 11

DAY 11

ok so day 11 my lips were not that chapped today agian i have no idea why and my face broke out a little more it still is managable though i now have like 5 whiteheads, some are starting heal and am begging to think this may be the real IB but what do I know, whatever happens happens and im not gonna complain if it clears be up eventually, kept this one short STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO :cool::cool:

Ha yeah its a great movie.. sorry i haven't updated in a while, i was out of town for the 4th.

so ill give a rundown of each day:

DAY 12: face looked pretty good but i dont really remember

DAY 13: Breaking out

DAY 14: Breaking out

DAY 15: FACE LOOKS BAD from Breaking out

and today is day 16

today my face looks alot better i think i only have a few active pimples, i do have a lot of marks from the breakouts that are just kinda sitting their waiting to go away and they are dry.. my face is not that oily but its not really dry either.. lips are dry... i hope i dont have another big Breakout :cool:

HI EVERYONE. Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I stoped posting because it made each day on the meds seem so much longer. Anyway, I am in month five right now and it is going great!!! I just want to tell EVERYONE on Accutane currently that it will get better, because the first two month SUCKED and now it is great. I barely ever get anything on my face and when I do it is practically a joke that would not have even been noticed before accutane. So i just wanted to tell everyone even though it may suck now, its gonna get better you jsut have to tough it out. And something I learned early on was DO NOT TRY TO PICK AT YOUR ACNE. It will leave a huge red mark for a long time because of the effects of accutane. So just toughen through it, you will get there. IF you have any questions you can ask me..

Hey,

Great to know things are going well now!

I'm on day 33 atm.. seen pretty much no progress on my face acne... You say the first 2 months were bad? So you noticed clearing at the start of month 3? Also when did you notice your blackheads clearing?

Are you still on the same dose or did you get bumped up?

Cheers dude

J