Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellas43

white spot under skin? doesn't hurt or itch

I read about different types of acne but nothing seems to match what I have. Can anyone help me?

I have what looks like a pocket of pus under the skin on my cheek... it's not painful, it's not itchy, it's just there and it seems to get bigger over time. You can't see it but when I stretch the skin in that area, you can definitely see a large deposit of white fluid underneath the skin. If I move my finger over it it feels like a small soft bump under the skin.

I remember having some of these before... I squeezed them out (had to use force!) and very thick white stuff came out like toothpaste comes out of a tube- in a long string. That stuff was much thicker than the the white stuff that comes out of normal zits... ugh I'm grossing myself out here. Anyway, squeezing didn't leave a mark or anything... however, I think if these things get infected by say, accidentally scraping it with a fingernail then it becomes a really nasty lesion, the type that leaves scars even if you don't touch it.

any ideas?