Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smartie

For all the girls who are feeling like they don't live up to "supermodels"

I'm starting to get irritated with all the airbrushed, "perfect" and fake crap on commercials every two seconds, over and over and over again.. I hate watching involuntary commercials, seriously! I was looking online at celebrity plastic surgery (yeah, yeah, I know, I should find better things to do!), and I realized that literally every celebrity has had something done. I can't even name ONE celeb that hasn't had their nose done, seriously. Anyways..I didn't realize how much Angelina Jolie has changed looks wise throughout the years.

Here's a pic from her earlier days

newer

newer

side profile

newer

Angie is rumored to have:

Chin implants

Multiple face lifts

Rhinoplasty (nose job)

Eyebrow lift

Jaw restructoring and implants

Breast implants

Cheek implants

Asian eyelid surgery

Collagen injections in her upper lip, which is one of the only things she "admits" to doing.

So.. don't beat yourself up if you don't wake up feeling/looking like a supermodel. In hollywood, everyone has artificially "enhanced" themselves. There are very few people who look like they do today without surgery. Just to clarify, Angelina Jolie is an awesome person and has done a LOT of charity and volunteer work in various places in the world, and she looked great before AND now, HOWEVER, this is a reality check for people who get caught up in the images of perfection being shown to us everyday in mags, on tv, etc.. If you had the money that celebs make, you could buy perfection as well.

Edited by smartie

Thanks Smartie!!!

I think us girls (and boys who think that some women in Hollywood are born like that) needed this little dose of reality - That side on shot really says it all - her nose, chin, and face structure is completely different.

Its nice to remember that a lot of these women were not born like that...

i have nothing against surgery

i'm not for it mainly because i've learned that almost every action that tends to be "unatural" or aims change ourselves in some way has tons of consequences in terms of unkeeping and maintaining. (take the simple act of shaving...stubble, bumps, ingrowns, etc.) and frankly i'm just to lazy to deal with those and would just rather deal with the original problem. for those that don't mind taking the extra time and headaches just to appear nice for society props to them.

Edited by special

To the poster above:

Exactly how does having plastic surgery equal making oneself presentable to society?

Do you really believe so little in natural beauty?

i have nothing against surgery

i'm not for it mainly because i've learned that almost every action that tends to be "unatural" or aims change ourselves in some way has tons of consequences in terms of unkeeping and maintaining. (take the simple act of shaving...stubble, bumps, ingrowns, etc.) and frankly i'm just to lazy to deal with those and would just rather deal with the original problem. for those that don't mind taking the extra time and headaches just to appear nice for society props to them.

I dont see why shaving is bad. Never in my life will I want to wear one of those "hobo beards" :lol: I'd rather take my chances wit the ingrown hairs - painful as they are.

To the poster above:

Exactly how does having plastic surgery equal making oneself presentable to society?

Do you really believe so little in natural beauty?

i just meant from their point of view.most that get it think that they'll look better (nicer) with the work done. thats why people usually get plastic surgery, fake-tan, wear make-up, etc. people do it cause they think they'll look better. i usually disagree i like people in their natural form and i have nothing against what others consider "flaws". but hey if you want to change yourself then go for it. i do find it a bit sad though but it's their choice.

I dont see why shaving is bad. Never in my life will I want to wear one of those "hobo beards" :lol: I'd rather take my chances wit the ingrown hairs - painful as they are.

i was just using it as an example. now just because i'm against "unnatural" changes to the body doesn't mean i'm gonna stop all "unatural" activities i partake in like waxing. i do hate it though when i see for instance a girl that doesn't shave and some people will give looks of "that's disgusting". just because she chooses not to shave doesn't mean she doesn't take care of herself. its just hair on her legs, get over it.

I know this is harder said than done but I think we have to try and not let the media and celebs affect the way we feel about ourselves. We can't control what they do (I mean celebrities - we might have some influence on media) but we can control the way we think. I think society, more and more, depends on the media to babysit and teach our children wrong from right - but parents can and should have a louder voice in these matters. When we hear our parents wishing to look like the celebs they see on tv and in magazines, we think it's okay - what needs to be heard is that it's unrealistic, and most of the time even fake.

i know , every commercial is so fake. especially in magazines bc if u look at them up close u see all the caked on makeup, they spend thousands to look fake when if u stay natural, you are muchmuch more beautiful than any celeb

I think she looked best in the first picture.

Yeah yeah yeah every magazine photo is photoshopped and everything but you have to admit a lot of these girls have real beauty even before they go under the knife. To get a job as an actor in the first place, if you aren't already rich, you have to be decent looking. I like natural beauty but I lack it. Oh well

Of course Angie cant look the same in every picture...you look the same 15-20 years ago as you do now? lol

Here are some modeling pics of her as a teenager:

Pic1

Pic2

She still looks great now, and is aging gracefully imo. She did experiment with drugs when she was younger so she looked a little rough around the edges during that time.

Edited by (._.)

Yeah yeah yeah every magazine photo is photoshopped and everything but you have to admit a lot of these girls have real beauty even before they go under the knife. To get a job as an actor in the first place, if you aren't already rich, you have to be decent looking. I like natural beauty but I lack it. Oh well

Not a lot, some...... I think the majority look like someone you would see at work or school, they just have a lot more people working on them to make them look beautiful. Of course there are some that are stunning w/o all the makeup, but, again, I've seen stunning women in real life, too.

Of course Angie cant look the same in every picture...you look the same 15-20 years ago as you do now? lol

I do agree that people change but her nose is a completely different shape. I think Angelina Jolie is beautiful, so I'm not saying it to just pick on a successful celebrity or anything.

If you compare your first link to a current picture of her looking forward, her nostrils were completely taken in. Not to mention, noses get larger w/age so it's hard to believe she didn't have plastic surgery :shrug: - just my thought of course

I'm starting to get irritated with all the airbrushed, "perfect" and fake crap on commercials every two seconds, over and over and over again.. I hate watching involuntary commercials, seriously! I was looking online at celebrity plastic surgery (yeah, yeah, I know, I should find better things to do!), and I realized that literally every celebrity has had something done. I can't even name ONE celeb that hasn't had their nose done, seriously. Anyways..I didn't realize how much Angelina Jolie has changed looks wise throughout the years.

Here's a pic from her earlier days

newer

newer

side profile

newer

Angie is rumored to have:

Chin implants

Multiple face lifts

Rhinoplasty (nose job)

Eyebrow lift

Jaw restructoring and implants

Breast implants

Cheek implants

Asian eyelid surgery

Collagen injections in her upper lip, which is one of the only things she "admits" to doing.

So.. don't beat yourself up if you don't wake up feeling/looking like a supermodel. In hollywood, everyone has artificially "enhanced" themselves. There are very few people who look like they do today without surgery. Just to clarify, Angelina Jolie is an awesome person and has done a LOT of charity and volunteer work in various places in the world, and she looked great before AND now, HOWEVER, this is a reality check for people who get caught up in the images of perfection being shown to us everyday in mags, on tv, etc.. If you had the money that celebs make, you could buy perfection as well.

I do not want to discredit what you are saying about the standards these days of "beauty", but the Angelina Jolie pictures do not do much justice, especially the side profile. She very obviously lost a ton of weight and if you look her larger cheeks and neck disappear as you lose weight. I recently went from 202 pounds to 160 and I look dramatically different. Many do not even recognize me.

I still do agree with you about every celebrity getting tons of plastic surgery though, just look at some of Megan Fox!

It's similar to the Car Comercials or any other marketing ploy; Your not really getting what's advertised.

Haha, Almost the same as those oven-baked pizzas with the picture of the finish product on front. The pizza never turns out like the one on the box.

Not a lot, some...... I think the majority look like someone you would see at work or school, they just have a lot more people working on them to make them look beautiful. Of course there are some that are stunning w/o all the makeup, but, again, I've seen stunning women in real life, too.

I think that was her point. It's some of those stunning women you see in real life, that are the ones that become models and actresses. I mean many of them are scouted in the streets, so this is before they have people looking after them. I think to account for their looks being the result of just surgery/experty lighting/makeup etc is honestly just wishful thinking.

I think that was her point. It's some of those stunning women you see in real life, that are the ones that become models and actresses. I mean many of them are scouted in the streets, so this is before they have people looking after them. I think to account for their looks being the result of just surgery/experty lighting/makeup etc is honestly just wishful thinking.

Did you thoroughly read her post and gather the mood of it?

It's not wishful thinking at all; it's fact. There are celebrities who look just as good w/o all the makeup on in candid pictures (Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry), sure. Otherwise, most look like your "everyday person". Have you ever even seen those slide shows of celebrities on a normal day, excluding the ones that are just weird facials/positions (those are just unfair). In the majority of these pictures I don't say "wow, they look the same w/o all that makeup and lighting and photoshopping!" because they don't. They look like different people, not worse, but not the same as they do otherwise.

I think about 95% of people are good looking or can be to be honest, it's just a matter of maintaining yourself (if one wishes to do so). I rarely see people that I think got the short end of the stick in looks. That might be really blunt and maybe mean, but since we're calling things out here.....I genuinely believe that most celebrities would look absolutely normal, ordinary, average if they were not celebrities. I'm not saying they would look bad, I just don't think people would be jealous over their looks. Be jealous of the fact that they have money and a team working on them to look good, don't be jealous of their looks...

If you read my first post, I could care less how they look anyway. I try and not let media make me feel bad about myself. Therefore, speaking for myself, I have no wishful thinking pertaining to celebrities - I care not if they're naturally attractive or not and I am not going to compare myself to one. Just stating, they spend a lot more time and money on their looks than the average female/male. Look around on the internet. They alter themselves - fact.

The only reason I could see for someone saying something like you did, the whole "wishful thinking" thing, is insecurity and low self-esteem...... As if celebrities are on a completely different stratosphere of beauty that we should all accept and cherish, lmao. No, they're not =]. Again, like I said, there are naturally attractive people exist among celebrities and non-celebrities. Celebrities are "lucky" enough that they can afford a lot of help enhancing themselves.

Edited by NessaVéneanár

rant

Easy there, I never said they were on completely different levels, nor did I mention they should be admired. In fact I clearly stated that you will see stunning women each and every single day, that are up there, with celebrities, so I fail to see how you came to these conclusions. What I did assert though was that models and actors, especially females, are predominately chosen by looks, so for people to say their looks are only the result of extraordinary maintenance would be wrong and unfair. Not just in this thread, but in other threads i've seen around here with reference to say VS models, and people bashed on the models looks being solely due to photoshop and such, and not natural beauty. A models job is to look good, therefore they would choose good looking people, if they were not more naturally good looking then the average, on what basis would they choose them?

Like it or not, a beauty scale does exist, with certain characteristics deemed more attractive then others, to the majority, for specific cultures/societies. Many models/actors have these features. I fail to see how acknowledging this shows insecurity on my behalf? There will always be certain people that will be deemed better looking by the majority then others. You already named celebrities such as alba,biel etc that fit into this category, and i believe the majority of models, and young actresses fit into this. Most of the 'horror' photos of celebrities are of the older ones, of course they are going to look worse for wear. Again I reiterate for you, I do not think Alba's and other actresses' and such looks are on some type of celestial level, but they would be comparable to the hot/pretty girls you see out and about, in schools, working in business, the hot teacher every schoolboy stares at, etc, not just to the average person.

Of course models are expected to look good, it's in the job description.

I think, at least I took it as so, and being that Jolie is herself known as an actress, that this thread was aimed at entertainers, (actors and singers).

I still think that the majority of these entertainers look really average w/o their crew. Maybe you think they look above average? That's the point I was making. And I didn't even have older celebs in mind, by the way.

We will have to agree to disagree, I guess.

is called AGING of course everybody looks different throughout their years ..is like me comparing a picture of me back in 8th grade im now in eleventh...my face structure change i slim down ..wich made my jaw like sharper ..my nose got a lil bit bigger ..my hair is short ...you see everybody looks different througout the years

Jolie's definitely had surgery but why not? :P She's gorgeous before or after (in my eyes anyway).

Here's a great video:

">