Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody here using the cetaphil face wash and moisturizing cream while on accutane? Just wondering if it's safe to use?

I use the Ceptahil oily cleanser and Cetaphil moisturizing lotion while on accutane. I've used it before accutane and I dont have a bad reaction from it. Some ppl actually break out more from it, but in my experience, I like it a lot and think it's safe to use since I never reacted bad to it.

Really? I've never heard of anybody breaking out from cetaphil?

unfortunately there will never be a cleanser / moistrusier that doesn't contain an ingredient that could break someone out. Having said that, many many dermatologists recommend cetaphil products, and (after many trips to boots and buying dan's products from acne.org) I have to say that the cetaphil products are my favourite as well and didn't break me out at all.

alright cuz im in my third month and still getting large whiteheads, while using cetaphil. Do you think thats whats making me break ouut still? Ive heard the third month is when you start to clear up.

alright cuz im in my third month and still getting large whiteheads, while using cetaphil. Do you think thats whats making me break ouut still? Ive heard the third month is when you start to clear up.

i started to clear up a lot at the end of the 3rd month too! well it could be a few little things, for example-

are you eating massive amounts of bad foods? (IE a lot of chocolate etc. a bit of chocolate or junk food is ok but not massive amounts :D)

are you touching your face a lot? try to avoid touching your face (other than when you're moisturising/cleansing)

are you using your hands when you do cleanse? this is generally better than a sponge/cloth

are the whiteheads all in one specific place? this could be down to how you lay on the pillow when you go to bed or something (remember to switch pillow cases as often as possible!)

and as always drink LOTS of water

If I were you, I'd stick with cetaphil for one more month- if you're still getting spots you could try another cleanser (make sure it's non fragranced and non comedogenic etc.)- but tbh i'd be surprised if cetaphil was the issue!

Good luck and lemme know if you got any other q's on stuff- i'm no expert but i've wasted waaay too much money on products so i know a bit about that :D

Thanks a lot Ben! I dont think it could be my diet, i havnt had a soft drink in over a year and I dont even touch junk food. The only time I touch my face is when cleansing and moisturizing, and i never wash with a sponge or cloth or anything, just my hands. My whiteheads are usually just on my cheeks and every once in a while I get them on my chin and forehead. I think its just the accutane pushing everything out? It does look like i have alot of blackheads underneath the skin, could that be it?

is the big cleanser fine for faces or is it meant for a body wash only? and the moisturizer i can use on both my face and body?

Thanks a lot Ben! I dont think it could be my diet, i havnt had a soft drink in over a year and I dont even touch junk food. The only time I touch my face is when cleansing and moisturizing, and i never wash with a sponge or cloth or anything, just my hands. My whiteheads are usually just on my cheeks and every once in a while I get them on my chin and forehead. I think its just the accutane pushing everything out? It does look like i have alot of blackheads underneath the skin, could that be it?

np :) Yeah it seems most likely! I always got red 'bump' spots mainly prior to accutane, so can't say I know from first hand experience! If your diet and everything is up to scratch though, I'd just say yeah stick with it- should definately see a big improvememt over the next month i'd of thought :)

is the big cleanser fine for faces or is it meant for a body wash only? and the moisturizer i can use on both my face and body?

i think cetaphil has a different product range in america/overseas than in england, but the cleanser I use is just called 'gentle skin cleanser'- but generally speaking, if a cleanser/moisturiser is formulated to use on your face, it should be fine for the rest of your body- I myseslf wouldn't put a body moisturiser on my face though; the skin on the rest of your body is a bit more resistane than on your face (atleast I think it is!) so the ingredients are probably more harsher on products for the body.

cetaphil cleanser was awesome on tane, and I still use it now. I find the moisturiser too rich for my face though

Ah ok, I just get sick of buying these tiny $20 facial moisturizers that are probably the same ingredients as the huge cheaper body moisturizers

it has absolutely nothing to do with food! food may/may not mearly aggravate the state you skin is ALREADY IN. those with healthy skin can eat whatever they want because their skin is not PRONE to breakout. i hate the 'food myth'. please dont deprive yourself of guily pleaures :naughty: its totally not worth it

It has nothing to do with food for some people, others it does, i could be fine with no new breakouts for 2 weeks, then i order cola and pizza and the next morning i got some cysts and whiteheads. dont rant your wrong opinion around here

like i said steve " food may/may not mearly aggravate the state you skin is ALREADY IN. "

...and by the way since you ate pizza..tomatoes are known to produce a VERY high level of imflammation in the body

and lastly i must disagree with you because my opinions are based on experience just like yours so don't be an ass thanks ! =]

then dont rant it has nothing to do with food, because in more than many cases it does. and saying the state your skin is already in is like saying humans arent allergic to peanuts, except for the ones that show signs of it when they eat it