Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started using this stuff a few days, and I have a pretty negative experience so far. I started breaking out horribly and got one or two new whiteheads each day after using it. After three days, I've accumulated 9 pimples (6 of which are white heads). Feels bad man.

I know it was the emu oil too because I was using aloe vera and vitamin e for a couple of weeks before I added emu oil to the regimen. I'm currently in a stress free mood, even after the first day of breakouts. I've had acne for 8 years now...it doesn't even phase me...I'd just rather not have it.

I'll discontinue use until I clear up, and I'll give it another try later on. I spent 20 bucks on the bottle, so I can't really throw it out haha

Update: I've been using it the past few days, and I haven't really broken out yet. Don't see a real huge improvement, but these marks are years old. I've been using vitamin e oil and aloe vera along with it as well....I almost feel like aloe vera works the best.

you wont see any sort of improvement unless you use it 2-3 times a day liberally for months.

all these topicals are not as effective as everyone thinks. you need time, and loads of it to see results with these.

here is a rough guide for results over time

- creams and topicals (stuff you rub onto skin) - will take months before any small difference

- dermabrasion - physical things which renew skin cells quicker - again takes a month or more

- chemical peels - faster results, 1 or 2 peels every few weeks will show some results

- laser - any type of laser will give immediate results, and follow up procedures will clear you up

you wont see any sort of improvement unless you use it 2-3 times a day liberally for months.

all these topicals are not as effective as everyone thinks. you need time, and loads of it to see results with these.

- creams and topicals (stuff you rub onto skin) - will take months before any small difference

- dermabrasion - physical things which renew skin cells quicker - again takes a month or more

- chemical peels - faster results, 1 or 2 peels every few weeks will show some results

- laser - any type of laser will give immediate results, and follow up procedures will clear you up

I've been putting on that stuff religiously for the past month or so...more than 2-3x a day lol

I'd go with the laser treatment, but I don't have 600 bucks to drop on something like that. I've actually been seeing some decent progress with exfoliation/tazorac/aloe vera/emu oil/vitamin e. I'd be so f*ckin happy if I got clear by the time college started back up.

Would you recommend using Aloe Vera then? I'm thinking of giving that a go :think:

Yeah go for it. I've definitely seen great results in terms of the redness lightening up. I had two really old dark marks that have faded significantly as well. Still not anywhere near where I want to be, but it's definitely going in the right direction. It's also very cheap as well; a big bottle only costs like $5, and it should last at least a year even if you use a good amount each day.

isn't the aloe vera plant the best to use?

I also heard that u need to use 100% natural aloe vera gel, nothing under will really do the job.

i tried using a 99% pure one, Plunkett's as a face mask for 20mins daily, i got nothing but new break outs. Now i am put off using it but thinking about the plant, surely that can't hurt!

i wanted to try emu oil, but didn't realise it would need to apply so much and i don't think this will work for my skin. I want something i can put on at night and let it do it's thing, or something to apply alot during those make up free days at home.

i want my old skin back so badly!

Would you recommend using Aloe Vera then? I'm thinking of giving that a go :think:

Yeah go for it. I've definitely seen great results in terms of the redness lightening up. I had two really old dark marks that have faded significantly as well. Still not anywhere near where I want to be, but it's definitely going in the right direction. It's also very cheap as well; a big bottle only costs like $5, and it should last at least a year even if you use a good amount each day.

Ah cool, thanks

I also heard that u need to use 100% natural aloe vera gel, nothing under will really do the job.

i tried using a 99% pure one, Plunkett's as a face mask for 20mins daily, i got nothing but new break outs. Now i am put off using it but thinking about the plant, surely that can't hurt!

i wanted to try emu oil, but didn't realise it would need to apply so much and i don't think this will work for my skin. I want something i can put on at night and let it do it's thing, or something to apply alot during those make up free days at home.

You would think the 100% would be more effective, but I have no idea. I bought the Banana Boat brand...not sure if that's 100% or not; I just looked and it didn't say. It's worked well so far in my opinon though.

You should try both and see what works best for you. Both work really well for new red marks. My new red marks go away so quickly. I just wish I knew what I was doing way back when, so I didn't have a bunch of old ones on my cheeks.

Another Update:

Emu oil is working pretty well. I've definitely had some old red marks fade over the past few weeks; I will break out a little though. I've actually had 2 of the bigger pimples I've had in the past couple of years, but they have gone down a lot the past couple of days. As long as the red marks keep fading, I'll get happier by the day.

I now rate emu oil to being better than aloe vera.

You would think the 100% would be more effective, but I have no idea. I bought the Banana Boat brand...not sure if that's 100% or not; I just looked and it didn't say. It's worked well so far in my opinon though.

You should try both and see what works best for you. Both work really well for new red marks. My new red marks go away so quickly. I just wish I knew what I was doing way back when, so I didn't have a bunch of old ones on my cheeks.

99.9% aloe vera usually has all sorts of crap in it to preserve the aloe vera which usually negates the benefits of aloe vera anyway....the 100% aloe vera stuff sometimes is false advertising and sme put crap in anyway stating its 100%.

The best stuff is 100% pure aloe vera with no added ingredients but its hard to find and expensive because it doesnt have a long shelf life whatsoever hence all the additives

Guest DireStraits
Another Update:

Emu oil is working pretty well. I've definitely had some old red marks fade over the past few weeks; I will break out a little though. I've actually had 2 of the bigger pimples I've had in the past couple of years, but they have gone down a lot the past couple of days. As long as the red marks keep fading, I'll get happier by the day.

I now rate emu oil to being better than aloe vera.

Wow serious dude?

I was applying emu oil and was getting some blocked pores which turned into zits which sucks. So i stopped it.

My mum had some bio oil handy and i've started using that and the same thing is happening which is ticking me off.

I only apply it at night cause i dont want to go around with a slick layer of goo on my skin during the day.

Im just using emu oil as a moisturizer for my body and it seems to do the trick really well for the dry skin patches which im getting cause im on accutane.

Next step will be aloe but only after i finish the emu oil.

99.9% aloe vera usually has all sorts of crap in it to preserve the aloe vera which usually negates the benefits of aloe vera anyway....the 100% aloe vera stuff sometimes is false advertising and sme put crap in anyway stating its 100%.

The best stuff is 100% pure aloe vera with no added ingredients but its hard to find and expensive because it doesnt have a long shelf life whatsoever hence all the additives

Ahh...ya that's probably true. I have no idea where you'd get the pure stuff..probably a health store or Ebay.

Wow serious dude?

I was applying emu oil and was getting some blocked pores which turned into zits which sucks. So i stopped it.

My mum had some bio oil handy and i've started using that and the same thing is happening which is ticking me off.

I only apply it at night cause i dont want to go around with a slick layer of goo on my skin during the day.

Im just using emu oil as a moisturizer for my body and it seems to do the trick really well for the dry skin patches which im getting cause im on accutane.

Next step will be aloe but only after i finish the emu oil.

Yeah emu oil works great. I've been applying it religiously all day though...every 2-3 hours I'll put some new stuff on. I haven't really gotten out much besides goin to the gym, which sucks, but it's been improving a ton, so it's totally worth it. I've had more progress in the past 2 months putting this stuff on then I have in the past 18 months, serious.

I'm not even sure I can blame the few pimples I'm getting on emu oil though because I've always had a couple pop out of nowhere before I started using it.

New pimples don't really bother me that much because I have so many red marks and they're first priority. The new pimples I get now go away after a few days and they don't leave a red mark due to my better treatment of them.

Hi to all, If you have or have not tried Emu Oil I recommend you give it a try. I run a natural skincare business selling emu oil skincare and haircare products. I can understand how some people may come to the conclusion that emu oil is not working for them. When you buy emu oil make sure it is pure 100% triple refined emu oil. In order to solve your skin problem you will need to bin any other skin creams and use only the emu oil you have bought. Emu oil is non comedogenic (which means it does not block pores). Try applying a small amount 2 to 3 times per day to the affected area. You may find that to begin with your skin may have an adverse reaction to the product, this will change as your skin adapts to a new kind of product. You will experience an accumulated effect over time. Obviously the skin will not heal instantly. I also recommend that you use other emu oil products in your normal day to day skincare regime etc., For example, use emu oil soap to wash with, apply emu oil based bodycare and facecare products, and I also suggest using emu based shampoo. In this way you are not confusing your body with a variety of products, many of which may contain skin irritating chemicals.

The best stuff is 100% pure aloe vera with no added ingredients but its hard to find and expensive because it doesnt have a long shelf life whatsoever hence all the additives.

You can use emu oil at any time of the day or night. I run a natural skincare business selling emu oil products. You need to make sure your emu oil is 100% pure and tripple refined to have the best effect. Apply a small amount 2 to 3 times per day, rub well in to the affected area. Do not apply any other product to the skin, as this will without doubt cause further irritation.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your claim of topicals taking months before seeing any results. For one month I've been applying Apple Cider Vinegar and Cetaphil Moisturizer to my face, taking an Apple Cider Vinegar tablet, and taking several vitamins (A, C, E, D, Fish Oil), and my red marks are atleast 40% better than they were a month ago. My face is/was basically covered in red marks, so these are very impressive results to me.

Use pure triple-refined emu oil for fast results. Poorly refined oils will cause problems. I swear by Dremu Oil (100% pure triple-refined American emu oil) from DremuSkincare (www.dremu.com). Pricy, but a bottle lasts forever. All natural. Apply one or two drops to face several times a day.

Don't apply too much or it will feel greasy. Emu oil penetrates the skin quickly, will fade acne scars and rehydrate the skin. I saw a BIG improvement in one week.