Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tikki

seriously depressed bcoz of acne

hey, plz devote sme of ur precious tym to read oll diss nd suggest smthng.......m 16 yrs ryt now......i started to get pimples wen i wz 12 or 13 yrs old.............i started to go to a dermatologist wen i wz 15......she treated me with antibiotics fr 3 mnths...........aftr dat i swicthed 2 my regular pimple care regimen wich jst included of washing face twice daily nd drinking a lot of water.........after 6-5 mnths i strted 2 get acne again............again i insisted my parents tosee a dermotologist..........he treated me with antibiotics fr 5-6 mnths.......during dat tym period i wz totally care free bout my acne bcz der was very rare scope of getting acne atleast during dat tym period........now 10-15 dayz have passed since i stopped my treatment......nd i've got a pimple again.......m scared dat my acne will return again..............."i need a long term treatment".........no home remedies wrked fr me........nd all my researches on intrnet, regarding diss, wer of no use...........my previous doctr said dat acne will go wen i will turn 18....bcz my hormones will b balanced den

d latest doctr said dat acne lasts frm d age group of 15 to 25 yrs.......i wz so upset 2 hear diss

wat to do???

plzzzz help me........m desperate...plzz

i would go back to the derm. im almost 18 and still breakout. u should go on a more steady routine. maybe topicals (like taz or differin) or antiboitics. products from the store never worked for me either. Try talking to ur derm again. it defiantly isn't true that.. it just disappears at 18...

Try working from the inside out. Supplements and diet. I know it sounds scary and like it takes too much work, but seriously supplements are the ONLY thing that have saved my skin. There are plenty of posts about different vitamins and diet ideas.

nd yeah dis is realy scary --- "Skin Care + Fish Oil + MSM + Niacin + Zinc + Prenatal Vit + Biotin + Green Tea "

nevr evn heard of dem exept the wrds "clear" and "skin"

did anyone here tried the simple regimen being told on this site? (wich includes washing ur face-using BP-and den moisturiser)

did anyone here tried the simple regimen being told on this site? (wich includes washing ur face-using BP-and den moisturiser)

Lots and lots of people use the Acne.org regimen (myself included). Check out the Acne.org Regimen Logs board to read some threads where other people have documented their progress with The Regimen.

(Also, this is a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to say that it was so much easier to read this post of yours compared to whn u typ lyk dis. I can't stand that, and usually don't respond in threads that are typed that way.)

I would start by changing your diet.

Don't drink soda. At all. AT ALL. Soda is a big deal when it comes to acne.

Milk is another thing you will want to cut out, if you drink that stuff at all. And other dairy products like cheese, etc.

Be gentle with whatever you do, and don't be carefree about it once you get clear. Just because you have clear skin does not mean you are cured. Keep up with whatever regimen works for you once you get it.

Eat properly. Get enough sleep. Don't sleep in your makeup. Don't put your hands all over your face or lean on them.