Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know a lot of these posts are loosely about how you should go out and have fun even if you are feeling bad about your acne but I was wondering if anyone has gone to a party or bar or something while feeling self conscious only to feel embarrassed and wished they stayed home?

I never go out if I feel self conscientious. You have to build up your confidence before you go out. A lot of how others perceive yourself and carry yourself is the way others see you...this is so true.

Think about it:

You're at a party, and there's this guy who's walking around with his back straight, chest out, head straight making eye contact with just about everyone in his path and making eye contact with everyone he talks to....his outfit also fits him perfectly. This is a cool a** dude right?!

Then you see another guy who's slouched over, hardly any eye contact if any at all....and you're thinking, who is this dude? His clothes are kinda baggy...don't fit him very well. No self confidence at all...this guy is an absolute loser right?

Even if the scenario 1 guy had acne and scenario 2 guy had a completely clear complexion, you would still have the same views overall.

If you throw yourself out to the world that you're confident who you are, then they will see that in you.

Well yeah, sometimes I'll go out to a bar or whatever, and when I go to splash me boots, I look in the bathroom mirror and think to myself "Geez you look terrible bro, might as well go home"..

That's okay though because I know it's only a temporary ailment. Being able to go out on the town and show off my clear skin is something I'm very much looking forward to.

going out with acne can be hard. just make sure that you don't look at yourself in any mirrors if you know that you have it bad that day. and especially don't look in the rearview mirror of your car!! you'll just end up overanalyzing trust me.

i've never went home from a social event just because of my acne, but i've felt very uncomfortable and awkward many times. especially when around my peers in college. you just always want to present the best "you" to others, and a face full of acne is not exactly the best first impression.

Eh, if I feel self conscious while I'm out, I let my personality take over and hope it will shine through.

I don't usually feel self conscious though so I guess my say isn't really valid. All I know is that when we're outside, guys like me & pay a lot more attention to me.... i.e I only look good in the dark :| lol

i find that sometimes I drink more in this situation to get my mind off my acne. I agree with what most of you are saying about being confident, which definitely works to a point, but there's no denying (in my experiences at least) when I have clear skin people treat me a little differently and my nights end up better. Hopefully there wil be more of those nights in the future :)

i find that sometimes I drink more in this situation to get my mind off my acne. I agree with what most of you are saying about being confident, which definitely works to a point, but there's no denying (in my experiences at least) when I have clear skin people treat me a little differently and my nights end up better. Hopefully there wil be more of those nights in the future :)

Lol good luck man.

I wouldn't know if people treated me different with clear skin since I haven't had clear skin for a day in the past 8 years. From what I've experienced, if I'm in a good mood and put off good vibes, I get good vibes in return.