Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boyo

How much would u pay to never have a spot again in ur life

Nothing, either for potential future acne nor current scarring. Since we're talking the impossible, I'd pay everything I have (except my cats) to have our dear friend recover. He's not going to, though.

who are you referring to wynne?

A family friend. A good, kind, generous man who has had multiple health issues and has now been hospitalized for many months. His condition has deteriorated so much that he's not expected to live. *deep breath* so right now, acne and scarring really means zilch to me. Not that acne or scarring was all that big of a deal before this, either, though! For me, at least.

I wouldn't pay more than I'm already paying a month. Which is around $20 or so.

Edited by 90�ɾuıu�ɹıdɯ�ʌ

Wouldn't pay anything, really. Any amount of money I could pay would just be better somewhere else, helping someone's problems that are so much bigger than my stupid acne.

Nothing. Acne has taught me a lot and even though I still have it, I have realized there a lot more pressing concerns in my life and acne is just a part of me.

I do mind having acne, and wouldn't mind having it gone forever..... However, acne has put me through some experiences I am really happy I went through. If I had never gotten a spot on my face, then I would still be hanging out with the girl I thought was right for me, but now realize she is the most shallow person I have ever met. Not to mention my health, I try to eat healthy and avoid fast food because I believe that in certain cases, it can cause me to breakout. I also go to the gym 5 times a week, just because I think it helps with the overall condition of my acne and body. If I never had acne, I believe that I would probably be out of shape and hanging out with a bunch of shallow people. I wouldn't pay any amount to never have a spot on my face again, because acne has taught me so much in the last 5 years that if my acne does come back to the severity it once was, there is a reason for it.

Wow, this topic went to some deep places I didn't expect it to go.

I'd pay a hell of alot - but then its all contextual. There was a time when I believed I was worth nothing and even if I had had money I wouldn't have been able to spend it on myself. Now I do spend money on my skin and me and I love that I dont look anything like I used to. Does acne scarring make me more compassionate on the whole? Of course it does. I couldn't have gone down the path I did and become who I am today. Would I change that? No and Yes. The one thing I hate is the fact that, yes, we learn through pain. The buddhists call this plane (as they term it) samsara - suffering. If there is a god I want to hit him really hard first. To me its not such a great way to learn and not one anyone should be given a gold medal for. Its really shit actually. But like Wynne said, sometimes it puts things into perspective and helps to reground ourselves that we are not all alone and that others are suffering dreadfully too. Then there is the selfless altruistic moment. Hope the cure is not in the impossible basket though. Kyle's most likely right, its there for a reason but I think I've had enough of it now and its time to end it and know something else - like a life without it. But like he means, not before I learnt all I had to from it. I like Kairasa's response, that its a part of me. ..... even when it leaves me it its lessons learnt will always be a part of me in the now. If the buddhists are right I hope the next plane is heaps better.

I would pay anything.

I mean i would really pay a millions bucks if i had to.

I have so many scars because of acne that i really just want to explode.

But I found the cure.