Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leo Messi

Dermarolling & Physical excercises

Hey Everyone,

So I've decided to start this thread, hoping that you guys might share your experience or any knowledge on the subject below.

Working out in a gym, joging (not sure the if that's the right spelling lol) and swiming are few things that keep my mood in a normal state and helps me to fight the depression. I do know that I might have to give up these things for a while as they raise the blood preasure, which could interfeire in the healing process if you're doing some sort of treatments for your scarring.

So how long does one have to wait before getting back to he's normal physical activities after a treatment with, say, a dermaroller?

Edited by Benni B.

Definitely plan out your days accordingly. You'll have to stay away from those type of activities for at least 7 days (1 week).

1. rent movies

2.play board games

3. go on acne.org

4. read a book

5.have lots of food stored so you dont have to go grocery shopping with a bloody face

6.hang out with your pets? heh

7. since you cant exercise... you can stretch!

just make sure you keep your face moisturized/protected (with whatever your doct gives you, i suppose...) post dermroll

Definitely plan out your days accordingly. You'll have to stay away from those type of activities for at least 7 days (1 week).

1. rent movies

2.play board games

3. go on acne.org

4. read a book

5.have lots of food stored so you dont have to go grocery shopping with a bloody face

6.hang out with your pets? heh

7. since you cant exercise... you can stretch!

just make sure you keep your face moisturized/protected (with whatever your doct gives you, i suppose...) post dermroll

Thanks for the reply!

BTW, do you still have the redness or is it pretty much gone now?

i run/walk at night so i get back to it the day after the roll :)

i resume normal activities a couple of days afterwards because i dont mind showing off my pink face(and i dont do that much anyway, just uni)

I was reddish for about 4 days... the 5th day was light pink. but id say it takes 7 days for a complete heal

Good to know that your cool in just 7 days, I thought that asian skin type takes a bit longer to recover - so I assume, that your a lucky dude out there with a nice skin lol, soon flawless ( XOXOXO

needling/rolling definitely doesnt effect asian skin much in terms of hyperpigmentation/dicoloration.. but i bet LASER will LOL.

needling/rolling definitely doesnt effect asian skin much in terms of hyperpigmentation/dicoloration.. but i bet LASER will LOL.

Yeah, that is sooo true dude, lasers suck! I've been through pixel resurfacing - *UCK IT! it's been like 8 months now, but I'm still kinda redish, or burnt, **CKING lasers don't do a *HIT except emptying your pockets and giving you like 2% improvement for TONS OF $$$$$$$$. and that **CKING 2% will cost you a redness or weird pinkness for like a year or something, allthough that **ITCH "DOCTOR" told me I'd be pinkish only for like 2 weeks- what a scam lol.

yep. so far from research and reading threads... i only think fraxel repair (co2) is worth a try. But to obtain superior results... it must be mixed with other scar treatment/surgery such as subcision before the laser treatment.

yep. so far from research and reading threads... i only think fraxel repair (co2) is worth a try. But to obtain superior results... it must be mixed with other scar treatment/surgery such as subcision before the laser treatment.

chee has give some great advice. this sounds by far the best combination of treatments for your scarring. a lot of people are against laser treatments, however fraxel repair is the only laser that has recieved positive feedback on here. i know i definitely plan to get it done, after my tca crosses.

as for the exercise, id give your body a bit of a break after any treatment for a number of reasons. firstly you want to let your body heal. secondly, i know if i was to undertake heavy exercise soon after needling or another treatment, the stinging might be pretty bad. it might also help scabs come off - reducing the overall result. finally, the sun might reduce the amount of collagen formed. exercise is said to be great for healing, but yeah mate perhaps give it a week or two - especially in dubai !

Edited by sydney_fellow

chee has give some great advice. this sounds by far the best combination of treatments for your scarring. a lot of people are against laser treatments, however fraxel repair is the only laser that has recieved positive feedback on here. i know i definitely plan to get it done, after my tca crosses.

as for the exercise, id give your body a bit of a break after any treatment for a number of reasons. firstly you want to let your body heal. secondly, i know if i was to undertake heavy exercise soon after needling or another treatment, the stinging might be pretty bad. it might also help scabs come off - reducing the overall result. finally, the sun might reduce the amount of collagen formed. exercise is said to be great for healing, but yeah mate perhaps give it a week or two - especially in dubai !

Dude, you weren't listening lol!

Lasers suck! I'm still red after nearly 8 months of the fancy PIXEL lol, so if i'll be getting something like CO2, then damn, how long would I stay red? and BTW I paid 1200$ for the damn laser to make me red! this so *CKING frustrating-I just can't describe the way I fell about the lasers! 1200$ it's hell a lot of money, I could've spend them on something actually usefull! I could've bought PS3 and a plasma tv for myself lol! *hit! I just can't believe that I've been such a fool to laser my face!

Lasers suck! I'm still red after nearly 8 months of the fancy PIXEL lol, so if i'll be getting something like CO2, then damn, how long would I stay red? and BTW I paid 1200$ for the damn laser to make me red! this so *CKING frustrating-I just can't describe the way I fell about the lasers! 1200$ it's hell a lot of money, I could've spend them on something actually usefull! I could've bought PS3 and a plasma tv for myself lol! *hit! I just can't believe that I've been such a fool to laser my face!

I so do listen to you ! I dont mind hitting you for having plasma. lol i think if we all had the money we wasted on things that didnt work for scarring, wed all be soooo very rich..and happier.

in my humble view all lasers suck except fraxel repair. everyone on here rants about how little lasers did for them, then they go on about fraxel repair and they all sound so happy. i can understand you being really against trying another one tho.

Edited by sydney_fellow

I so do listen to you ! I dont mind hitting you for having plasma. lol i think if we all had the money we wasted on things that didnt work for scarring, wed all be soooo very rich..and happier.

in my humble view all lasers suck except fraxel repair. everyone on here rants about how little lasers did for them, then they go on about fraxel repair and they all sound so happy. i can understand you being really against trying another one tho.

Well I am buying the plasma and PS3 despite the *hitty laser lol. I'm planning to get'em in the next 3 days, since couple of days afterwa I'll be getting "rolled' lol! So if there is anyone out there thinking that he (or she) could beat me in the CODMW2 - well, they're welcome to try out their luck! :evil: