Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hello21

question and about benzoyl peroxide and antioxidant lotion

I'm currently using neutrogena healthy skin spf 15 with 8$ glycolic acid with dan's benzoyl peroxide, but I've read on the box that it contains antioxidants. From doing some research online, it seems to state explicitly that they cancel each other, but the source material seems to come from just one article. I can't seem to get much more information about it. Does anyone else know about this? Also there was one user's comment that in his opinion, lotions do not contain enough antioxidants to neutralize bp's affect. So i'm really confused.

I'm currently using neutrogena healthy skin spf 15 with 8$ glycolic acid with dan's benzoyl peroxide, but I've read on the box that it contains antioxidants. From doing some research online, it seems to state explicitly that they cancel each other, but the source material seems to come from just one article. I can't seem to get much more information about it. Does anyone else know about this? Also there was one user's comment that in his opinion, lotions do not contain enough antioxidants to neutralize bp's affect. So i'm really confused

Merged two identical topics together and moved to Acne.org Regimen Products forum as this isn't specifically about the regimen but is about one of the products.

Here's a reply Dan gave someone who asked a similar question.

I don't believe there is much research on this, but let's do our best guessing using common sense. It makes sense that you would want to give the benzoyl peroxide some time to work before neutralizing any oxygen. The oxygen is what makes it work so well. So, before putting on any intense amount of anti-oxidants, give the BP time to completely dry on your skin--as outlined in the regimen.

Dan