Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
})({amber

friday night...left a hangout cause of acne :/

I was hanging out with my friends today and the guy I have a crush on, then several girls with perfect skin came over....and my crush started ignoring me :/ so I left and didn't say anything. Usually when I leave, regardless if I say I'm leaving or not my crush will text me "why did you leave me?" but he didn't tonight and its been over two hours since i left.....so I guess the pretty girls just have too much of his attention to care or notice that I'm gone :( well I'm gonna start taking spironolactone soon so hopefully i'll clear up soon so I won't feel bad about myself just because of my shitty skin that hates me.

I was hanging out with my friends today and the guy I have a crush on, then several girls with perfect skin came over....and my crush started ignoring me :/ so I left and didn't say anything. Usually when I leave, regardless if I say I'm leaving or not my crush will text me "why did you leave me?" but he didn't tonight and its been over two hours since i left.....so I guess the pretty girls just have too much of his attention to care or notice that I'm gone :( well I'm gonna start taking spironolactone soon so hopefully i'll clear up soon so I won't feel bad about myself just because of my shitty skin that hates me.

Well if he is really like that against you then you don't need him anyway. Besides you should have joined my party anyway :P

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Acne-part....html&st=20

lol, but on the real, i hope the spiro works out for ya;)

Edited by JayQ

Well if he is really like that against you then you don't need him anyway. Besides you should have joined my party anyway :P

He can be frustrating! Cause he finally did tell me "why'd you leave :(" so I asked him how long ago did I leave :/ and pointed out that he ignored me....then he asked if he was gonna see me tomorrow at least. hes like my best friend. we spend too much time together and its making us fight "/ i get mad cause i like him and sometimes it seems like he likes me but then theres times like tonight and i remember he doesnt like "flaws" and acne is a flaw....even though he says i'm pretty despite the fact that my skin is stubborn....

He can be frustrating! Cause he finally did tell me "why'd you leave :(" so I asked him how long ago did I leave :/ and pointed out that he ignored me....then he asked if he was gonna see me tomorrow at least. hes like my best friend. we spend too much time together and its making us fight "/ i get mad cause i like him and sometimes it seems like he likes me but then theres times like tonight and i remember he doesnt like "flaws" and acne is a flaw....even though he says i'm pretty despite the fact that my skin is stubborn....

Ya i understand, it can be really frustrating and confusing when you do spend a lot of time together and the constant mixed signals and vibes are coming and going. This girl up here i was talking to before acne would always do that to me and would complain of this other guy all the time of how much she hated him but yet she still hung out with him and would give me the cold shoulder those days. Now she is married and expecting a kid with him, go figure huh? She must have really hated him lol.

I hate the flaw thing too, my x back at home wants to see me but she is all about looks mostly and i know if she saw me now with acne i would get the cold shoulder from her so i havent told her thats why i am not coming home to see her, maybe i should tell her the reason idk. I really dont care though to be honest if i see her or not.....long ass story why hahaha.

i think almost anyone here can relate, and has either left a hangout or said no to a hangout because of acne. i know i used to in high school when some of my friends with better skin would be going out.

i think almost anyone here can relate, and has either left a hangout or said no to a hangout because of acne. i know i used to in high school when some of my friends with better skin would be going out.

Yeah :/ I try not to let it be like that anymore. I'll be 21 this year and I never really went out. I missed out on too much cause of my acne and I'm sick of letting it hold me back :(

What I hate the most is these girls with flawless skin do nothing but smoke drink and do drugs and their skin is perfect yet I do none of that and my skin sucks :/

What I hate the most is these girls with flawless skin do nothing but smoke drink and do drugs and their skin is perfect yet I do none of that and my skin sucks :/

I hate that so freakin much lol. Hell i use to be a smoker and drank a shit load too back in the day of clear skin and never had a problem either. Even when eating i am so freakin careful around my mouth because if not i breakout it seems. I see my friends chowing down oh huge burgers, pizza, and getting shit everywhere and vigoursly wiping with napkins all around there mouth and im sitting there thinking if i did that i would breakout like crazy. Again i use too with no problems.

I hate that so freakin much lol. Hell i use to be a smoker and drank a shit load too back in the day of clear skin and never had a problem either. Even when eating i am so freakin careful around my mouth because if not i breakout it seems. I see my friends chowing down oh huge burgers, pizza, and getting shit everywhere and vigoursly wiping with napkins all around there mouth and im sitting there thinking if i did that i would breakout like crazy. Again i use too with no problems.

Its soo annoying! lol its like its not fair why me, but I hate to think that cause theres far worse things "/ i was never able to do just whatever i wanted cause my skin has been bad since i was like 13, i believe it was do to extreme amounts of stress and a horrible diet cause of my family at first...then i think its all been hormones since then. now i'm doing everything i can afford to get rid of this finally since my family never cared really

Its soo annoying! lol its like its not fair why me, but I hate to think that cause theres far worse things "/ i was never able to do just whatever i wanted cause my skin has been bad since i was like 13, i believe it was do to extreme amounts of stress and a horrible diet cause of my family at first...then i think its all been hormones since then. now i'm doing everything i can afford to get rid of this finally since my family never cared really

It def is so much! I think about it daily of "why me" "why now?" That is the most frustrating thing about it, not so much the breakouts, but why in the hell it keeps happening no matter what you try and do. I told a good friend today that i would give up all my possessions i have earned and money and start over if i could just get my clear beautiful skin i use to have. Wouldnt think twice about it. I research this shit everyday and it is so tiring reading everyones diff regimens and cures, especially when none of it works for you.

It def is so much! I think about it daily of "why me" "why now?" That is the most frustrating thing about it, not so much the breakouts, but why in the hell it keeps happening no matter what you try and do. I told a good friend today that i would give up all my possessions i have earned and money and start over if i could just get my clear beautiful skin i use to have. Wouldnt think twice about it. I research this shit everyday and it is so tiring reading everyones diff regimens and cures, especially when none of it works for you.

Yup and it just makes you feel horrible....my skin likes to play head games too though cause it'll start to clear up and start to look nice redmarks start fading then out of no where its like 10x worse then it was before....

Yup and it just makes you feel horrible....my skin likes to play head games too though cause it'll start to clear up and start to look nice redmarks start fading then out of no where its like 10x worse then it was before....

Yes and all the diff lighting and mirrors sux so much. I can look decent outside and then come in and im like WTF over? I try to use this murad concealer over red marks and acne i have and i will apply it here at home and i get it to where it looks like it blends in and then i will look at it else where and it looks like caked mud and shows up so bad. So frustrating. Ill never be happy with my skin it seems.

the fact that the both of you understand all of this, how hard it is to go through, have gone through it (and will eventually fight past it), it makes you better people. i know for a fact dealing with acne made me a better person, and helped me be more empathetic with others who struggled through things emotionally. it was incredibly rough for me during my teens, but it was what it was, and I took the positives out of it.

the fact that the both of you understand all of this, how hard it is to go through, have gone through it (and will eventually fight past it), it makes you better people. i know for a fact dealing with acne made me a better person, and helped me be more empathetic with others who struggled through things emotionally. it was incredibly rough for me during my teens, but it was what it was, and I took the positives out of it.

I was empathetic before acne...since I was a kid I always helped people and tried to do good for the world. But I see what you mean

you were sympathetic as a kid. you're empathetic now. as a kid you didn't really understand what it was like to really struggle, especially with heavy-hitting emotional things like acne. there's a difference, and that difference is pretty big.

the whole experience sucks, yeah, but you are going to get some positive things out of it, especially if you just stay positive and look at it as a tough journey that you'll conquer.

Edited by Rawlin67

the whole experience sucks, yeah, but you are going to get some positive things out of it, especially if you just stay positive and look at it as a tough journey that you'll conquer.

This is what i wonder if it will ever happen. Conquering it. I just never see it happening because it is so persistant and seems never ending and no treatment helps.

I was invited to go to the movies but I said no - I had finals to study for. Thing is, school ended the day before (we go to different colleges). I bailed out because there was a huge zit above by eyebrow, I picked at it and it turned into this even bigger uglier scab. if it wasnt for that I would be (nearly) clear and I would have went. Red marks dont bother me as much because the theater has dim lighting and he wouldnt have noticed them.

Edited by Alex_09

you were sympathetic as a kid. you're empathetic now. as a kid you didn't really understand what it was like to really struggle, especially with heavy-hitting emotional things like acne. there's a difference, and that difference is pretty big.

No instead I knew what it was like to see my mother get beat up everyday :/ and that she had to struggle to support our family cause my dad was a drug addict....and I got to have guns held against my head before I was even 10.....then I got to see what it was like to be homeless and live with just a father since my mom just left us cause she couldn't handle it anymore then had to go back to living with her after feeling abandoned by her.....so I think I knew what heavy-hitting emotional struggles were. Acne is NOTHING compared to that....just an added kick when I'm down.

Now my thing is....to go to the kick back party thing tonight....where the risk of being ignored and feeling like I don't even deserve to be there cause prettier girls will be there....or stay home and feel sorry for myself :(

Now my thing is....to go to the kick back party thing tonight....where the risk of being ignored and feeling like I don't even deserve to be there cause prettier girls will be there....or stay home and feel sorry for myself :(

For me its not feeling sorry for myself, its just feeling more comfortable. I wont have fun if i dont feel comfortable looking the way i look.

For me its not feeling sorry for myself, its just feeling more comfortable. I wont have fun if i dont feel comfortable looking the way i look.

I don't feel comfortable either but I really really hate being alone...its like one of my biggest fears....and I'm always alone :(

I don't feel comfortable either but I really really hate being alone...its like one of my biggest fears....and I'm always alone :(

Ya i hear ya. I dont have a fear of it, but i do hate being alone thou now especially when your down. Just would be fun to have someone to chill or kick it with that understood you. I guess thats why i log on here so damn much lol.

Ya i hear ya. I dont have a fear of it, but i do hate being alone thou now especially when your down. Just would be fun to have someone to chill or kick it with that understood you. I guess thats why i log on here so damn much lol.

Yeah :( at least i have everyone here...i've just been really depressed lately and usually my crush cheers me up since were good friends but for some reason lately hes just been an asshole and idk why. hes like my only friend right now since my "best friend" just decided she didn't need me anymore I guess and replaced me with "prettier" girls :(

Yeah :( at least i have everyone here...i've just been really depressed lately and usually my crush cheers me up since were good friends but for some reason lately hes just been an asshole and idk why. hes like my only friend right now since my "best friend" just decided she didn't need me anymore I guess and replaced me with "prettier" girls :(

I can honestly say i am addicted to this site haha. I know what you mean though, its hard to understand why someone changes just like that all of a sudden and its hard not to blame its cause of your acne since we are all self concious of it. I was always self concious of my image way before acne, when i had very good skin. Hell i remembered being down with what my hair looked like for the day, not as down as i am with acne lol, but u catch my drift. Wish i had those days back.

I can honestly say i am addicted to this site haha. I know what you mean though, its hard to understand why someone changes just like that all of a sudden and its hard not to blame its cause of your acne since we are all self concious of it. I was always self concious of my image way before acne, when i had very good skin. Hell i remembered being down with what my hair looked like for the day, not as down as i am with acne lol, but u catch my drift. Wish i had those days back.

I don't blame it on the acne really.....just on the person i've become partly because of it....people always tell me i'm a good person or that i'm pretty even though i have acne, or that i'm a good friend....yet those same people push me away and leave me :(

I don't blame it on the acne really.....just on the person i've become partly because of it....people always tell me i'm a good person or that i'm pretty even though i have acne, or that i'm a good friend....yet those same people push me away and leave me :(

I guess i do just the opposite as i push away my friends and family that want to see me and always say that i look fine and its really minor. I always beg the differ because it isnt minor to what i use to look like before. I am so sick of avoiding but yet i never stop. Occasionally i will go hang out but it is because i am really having a good skin day and everything is healing, which happens very rarely. My cousin, which is like my brother wants me to fly or drive out to vegas to see him for the past year and i keep putting it off. Feel so shitty for it.

I am sorry they push you away, that is pretty messed up, but sometimes that is them just showing there true colors ya know? Good thing about this site here, noone will push you away and everyone is always willing to listen.