Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iwrkoffshr

Need some product info

Hello all.

I'm a 31 yo who has suffered from facial and back acne since I was 13. I've been on just about everything including just coming off a two year RX of Solidyn that my derm said had B- results.

I've started 80mg a day Amnesteem just over three weeks ago. At first I went through some joint pain and dry lips. I can control that especially since I have a RX for a steroid ointment for the lips that really helps. Now I've had my IB for over two weeks and it's getting worse. I am so dry that I sometimes rub skin off my face with a wash cloth so that I don't look so flaky. (it was really bad)

That is only a temp fix to the face flaking situation and I think that it is why my skin burns.

I use lotion with sun screen that doesn't clog pores. (big time applications at night and in the morning) I have antibiotic lotion too. I have been drinking a ton of water. And I am using dandruff shampoo. I am using non irritating facial wash and a moisturizing body wash.

When I put the lotion on it burns. My IB is in full force and I haven't had facial acne this bad in a very long time. I burn, I'm breaking out like crazy, and I'm dry despite the lotion.

What kind of lotion is good to use to keep me from flaking and won't make me break out? Ball park IB length?

Any help would be great!