Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am on Differin .01 cream and Duac.

Differin unclogs your face and works on scars. I am on the 3rd month. I think this in combination with argan oil and neosporin is saving my face!!

I almost always get marks after a pimple. I have been using argan oil 2x a day with my moisturizer and dotting Neosporin on problem areas frequently whenever I am home. I have never seen them fade so fast!! I have mild-moderate acne and combination skin.

I use Josie Maran Argan oil btw. PLEASE try this and let me know if it works for you! I am so happy.

Hello,

I Have just completed my 6month course on roaccutane.

Just a tip for everyone who reads this. Roaccutane will take of your acne by month 2-3 but won't cure the red marks left from previously pimples. Even if you complete the whole course, you will still have TONS of red marks that still looks like acne, and the dermatologist will just tell you to wait it out, which sucks.

The reason why the red marks don't heal is because your skin is damaged and roaccutane will slow the process of healing. You will need to buy something with vitamin "e", jojoba oil or emu oil, it moisturizes your skin and best of all repairs your skin from red marks and uneven skin tone/ scars. So my tip to get through roaccutane without having a whole heap of scars/red marks and uneven skin tone is to use products with vitamin-e, jojoba oil or emu oil.

I have been using a product which has all these ingredients as well as squarlene, which is an ingredient to repair skin for 3 days and I have seen significant reduction in scars/uneven skin tone and the red marks have faded at least 60%!

The product I have been using is "Careline Emu oil Cream" - bought it on eBay for $16.00 (free postage and handling) and its just amazing!

Good Luck my friends

Hey Bek!

I have seen some of your pics and I feel like we have similar acne histories. Haha, "acne histories"...

Anyway, I had a pretty moderate breakout this February and have been clearing up steadily since then. I used antibiotics for a month (nadifloxyn-- not available in the US) and then Differin, and it has done wonders for my forehead. My chin, not so much... gave it a 9 week run before switching to DKR, where it's been mostly up, but with a few steps backwards (PURGING=:()

So anyway, you think Differin .01 works for red marks? And antibiotic cream? How can you tell? I was considering ditching Differin for AHA. What do you think?

Hey Bek!

I have seen some of your pics and I feel like we have similar acne histories. Haha, "acne histories"...

Anyway, I had a pretty moderate breakout this February and have been clearing up steadily since then. I used antibiotics for a month (nadifloxyn-- not available in the US) and then Differin, and it has done wonders for my forehead. My chin, not so much... gave it a 9 week run before switching to DKR, where it's been mostly up, but with a few steps backwards (PURGING=:()

So anyway, you think Differin .01 works for red marks? And antibiotic cream? How can you tell? I was considering ditching Differin for AHA. What do you think?

Hey haha acne histories is right!! Poor us eh?

Yeahhhh!! I think it works. I am hitting the 3 month mark next week and I can see a huge difference. My marks fade so much faster than they ever have before, and when I add argan oil and neosporin, it's even faster! My chin is a problem area too, I think it's hormonal acne which is hard to quash but it's been helping with that too.

I remember how long it took my marks to fade before, it's definitely a big difference now. You aren't using Differin now right? DKR? Hmmm. AHA is good, but I don't know if it will make as big of a long lasting difference. I used products with AHA and it helped, but not the way Differin has. Were you using anything else on Differin? (I use Duac in AM)

:)

hey about argon oil, can you put it in your moisturiser and how much would you put in?

i think i might try this stuff out can you send me a link of what it looks like.

i think im going to try and look for a website that sells it cheap to U.K

oh and there isnt any purging is there?

No purging! :D

And that looks perfectly fine, no problem! I either use 3-4 drops as my only moisturizer, or add a couple to my regular moisturizer. If I am just staying home all day I only use argan oil. It's been a great help, I hope it works for you too! Please let me know!

k i will do ive just looked at a website and theyre products look really good they have good information too. i think im gonna order a trial pack it also has argan oil and continue that regimen with my bp which seems to be working effectively.

http://www.coolessentials.com/index.html

look it up, tell me your opinion

Hey again!

Yeah, my forehead isn't getting the authentic DKR treatment cuz I am still putting Differin on at night. But, it's not irritated at all and things are fading, so I'm just gonna stick with it. I do have some stuff on there, like a few clogged pores, but... whatever. Sigh sigh sigh.

Since Differin gave me an IB that never went away on my chin/jawline, I'm stickin with AHA for now. But thanks for the tip!

Hey again!

Yeah, my forehead isn't getting the authentic DKR treatment cuz I am still putting Differin on at night. But, it's not irritated at all and things are fading, so I'm just gonna stick with it. I do have some stuff on there, like a few clogged pores, but... whatever. Sigh sigh sigh.

Since Differin gave me an IB that never went away on my chin/jawline, I'm stickin with AHA for now. But thanks for the tip!

Sure thing! I hope it goes well for you, please let me know :)