Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

question on working out and accutane...(am I being a wuss)

so far, I've been on accutane for 6 months & 20 days, & I have 2 more months after that

I used to do a lot of weight training, but nowadays I only use the elliptical machine

I don't know if I'm being a wuss, and if I should push myself & start weight training again...what do you think?

since doing cardio only, I've been gaining weight...strength training is the only thing that truly keeps me in shape

I'm only 10 days in, but I've been strength training almost everyday. I'm being somewhat of a wuss and doing moderate weight, but with high reps.

So far so good. I guess tane softens your bones so that's why I would stay away from heavy weights as a precaution even though I don't think it would be a problem.

just replied to another thread, I played an entire college football season and all in-season / offseason workouts while on accutane. I lifted / ran / had practice 6 days a week and never had any problems. I think a lot of the time people read the side effect list and see lethargy as a side and anytime they feel tired they immediately blame the drug. Just try to fight through it and work hard - IMO there is no reason you cannot strength train while on accutane.

If you notice you have sorer than normal joints I would recommend getting a fish oil supplement. I recommend getting one anyway as it is very good for cardiovascular health, but I found it very helpful in alleviating some joint pain I experienced while on the drug

i have been on accutane since last year october and i have been weightlifting without missing an workout.

Just make sure you eat well

so far, I've been on accutane for 6 months & 20 days, & I have 2 more months after that

I used to do a lot of weight training, but nowadays I only use the elliptical machine

I don't know if I'm being a wuss, and if I should push myself & start weight training again...what do you think?

since doing cardio only, I've been gaining weight...strength training is the only thing that truly keeps me in shape

i just got off accutane and was on it for 6 months...during the whole time I was still working out, lifting weights, running 5K and 10K marathons, and wrestling. You'll be fine, just don't overload on the weights. I honestly think it was all mentally and i wasn't gonna let a presc. stop me from physical activities.