Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocket2010

Methlpredisolone-Spiro

just added Methylprednisolone to my 100mgs of Spiro. I have 4mg tabs...total of 21 tabs over 6 days .

Is this the same as Prednisone?

just added Methylprednisolone to my 100mgs of Spiro. I have 4mg tabs...total of 21 tabs over 6 days .

Is this the same as Prednisone?

It is a corticosteroid, just as prednisone is. The side effects and results are similar. Take them as directed, don't abruptly stop it or you risk a shut-down of your own natural steroid production and thus a steroid crisis.

whats a steroid crisis??? sounds bad! I have a pill "set" of 6 pills one day then decreasing amounts of pills daily for the next week.

whats a steroid crisis??? sounds bad! I have a pill "set" of 6 pills one day then decreasing amounts of pills daily for the next week.

An Addison's type illness caused by no endogenous or exogenous source of steroid in the body. http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/addiso...n.htm#secondary

Take the meds as prescribed; there should be a table directing you how to do so, or the blister pack itself may have times of day to take them, and be labeled as Day 1, Day 2 etc. Those packs are really convenient and easy to dispense and dose, too.