Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cardinal7

Simple question: Purpose cleanser vs bar

Basic question: If 'soaps' are so bad, why do so many people recommend the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar? I REALLY want to try this because the Purpose Gentle Cleanser doesn't seem to be cutting it for my very oily skin (for the record, the cetaphil gave me some clogged pores as well). I want something to thoroughly clean without irritating (no scrubs or acne meds).

What i'm getting at is this... can anyone advocate the use of this soap over the cleanser? Is this gentle soap really that harmful?

Thanks in advance for any responses

Basic question: If 'soaps' are so bad, why do so many people recommend the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar? I REALLY want to try this because the Purpose Gentle Cleanser doesn't seem to be cutting it for my very oily skin (for the record, the cetaphil gave me some clogged pores as well). I want something to thoroughly clean without irritating (no scrubs or acne meds).

What i'm getting at is this... can anyone advocate the use of this soap over the cleanser? Is this gentle soap really that harmful?

Thanks in advance for any responses

ewww, my personal experience was that the bar left my face feeling sticky. I use the cleanser and love it although we are all differrent :)

Thanks for your response... anyone else?

I'm just struggling to find the right cleanser. Gah.

I can't tell if it's an ingredient in Purpose and Cetaphil ( a detergent ) that is clogging my pores or that they're just not tough enough to remove all the oil. And of course this question is just too specific to bring up to a derm.. how would they know. I guess i was hoping maybe someone else had a similar experience.

Purpose bar is too drying for me. I use the Cetaphil Sensitive Skin bar. Love it. :P Everyone's so different!

I found that gentle bar soaps such as Dove or Cetaphil just don't remove any grease from my face, and I end up with a build-up of oily dead skin. Try the Purpose bar, it's not available up hear in Canada so I use Pears transparent bar.

I use the purpose cleanser, not the bar. The bar makes my skin feel like it has a "coating" on it after I use it.

I lovee the bar. It leaves my skin feeling clean and removes all make-up. I have been using it for a while and as far as I know, it has not made me break out. But everyone is different.