Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marto

The age when the acne just goes away ... ?

Hi. I have a lot of friends who had acne light/moderate/severe. I noticed that at some certain age the acne just ... goes away by itself without any antibiotics, creams and so on. Probably thats the age when we grow from boys to man. The age when a lot of facial hair starts to grow. My question is - do you have friends (or you ) who had the same issue. I mean - what's the age when this transformation happens, because i am 20 years old and I still have acne problems. It's a fact that the percent of people who have acne after 30 years is very very small.

There is no set age for growing out of acne. And there are actually lots of adults in their twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, and even older that still have to deal with acne.

Everybody's different.

Your best bet would be to ask around in your family. Talk to your parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. See if they had acne, and if and when they grew out of it. That might give you a better idea of how your acne will progress.

some people are lucky and grow out of it at their teens, others their 20's, and others even later. some, possibly never. i am turning 21 next month, and while i've generally grown out of my moderate/mild acne, i still do get the occasional pimple here and there, and i've even had a breakout or two.

the best thing you can do is just not worry about it. when it happens, it's going to happen. just treat whatever you have right now.

There is no set age for growing out of acne. And there are actually lots of adults in their twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, and even older that still have to deal with acne.

Everybody's different.

Your best bet would be to ask around in your family. Talk to your parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. See if they had acne, and if and when they grew out of it. That might give you a better idea of how your acne will progress.

The interesting fact is that nobody of my family had acne before ... i asked my parents, my grandparents but nobody had.

Hey, If you have oily skin and it doesnt balance out then you will have acne maybe for the best part of your life. It comes down to what you inherit.