Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Feeling guilty..........

I posted this in the Nutrition section too... but I thought I should post it here also.... thought some people might be able to relate?

I have just had this realization that I dont think I am mentally "there" for gearing up to get rid of my acne. I've had acne for so long (the past few years have been VERY mild though until now, because I just went off the birth control pill) that sometimes I feel like it's always going to be a part of my life. AND I DONT WANT TO FEEL THAT WAYYYYY!! I almost feel like I dont deserve to have clear skin sometimes... and this is NOT GOOD. I dont know how to change my mindset into thinking that I desrve clear skin, I know that I WANT it, but it's almost like my brain wont allow me to even get to the point where I feel like I DESERVE clear skin.

I honestly think a lot of this stems from the fact that I did a lot of stupid things in my past and I hurt some people I cared about (this was before I ever had acne). And I almost feel like acne is a punishment for doing those stupid things. But the thing is, that was SO long ago an dI have since changed who I am, I KNOW that I'm a good person now, but I just cant seem to stop thinking that I'm being punished... and that maybe the punishment isnt over yet .

I just keep thinking that I could be the healthiest damn person in the world and be doing everything right and I would still have acne just because my mind is getting in the way. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I was just wondering if anyone else feels or has felt this way? And how the heck do I get rid of the guilt and the idea that I'm being punished??

You are not being punished, it is just a problem in the evolution of humans. Some people cannot control acnes bacteria and you got acne.You have to accept that you are dealing with a difficult problem and from that do whatever is possible to find a "regimen" to control" your acne. So research this site, test some tips and find your way.

I am doing a regimen and i am controlling my acne. I use stuff I will never thought of to use, like tea tree oil soap or a toner with SA, SA on the spot, ibuprofen for inflammation or a moisturizer, drinking roobois tea and taking propolis. This later seems to be helpful, really.