Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there, i started accutane about 3 weeks ago. Th first week or two i diddnt notice a big difference only my lips were peeling a bit and i was getting little patches of dry skin on my arms. Im on 20mg twice a day. I am now on my third week and i seem to be breaking out a little more that usual, and there turning into scabs. i dont know if its because im picking them or because its the accutane drying them out. is this suppose to happen? i dont have severe acne. i have never dealt with cystic acne. i would say i have mild to moderate at times. I am looking to model and that is why i chose to go on this drug. any advice with the scabs? when do the breakouts start to clear up? i hope this stuff works. its my only hope.

Do not pick your skin while on Accutane. You risk permanent dented scars, especially the further in you get with the course due to the dryness and slow wound healing. It's not unusual at all to break out more while on the drug, but do not not NOT pick the blemishes.