Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

switching from retin-a to tazaroc

I have been on .01% of retin-a for about 2 months and it just seems to be starting to work. But I went to my derm today and she prescribed me .1% of tazaroc which I have heard is the highest strength of a harsher topical. I don't really know why she did it, but should I start using the tazaroc? I went through the initial breakout of the retin-a and I don't want to have to go through another one. Will I still break out if I switch to the tazaroc? And do you guys think I should switch or not? I am wondering if the retin-a .01% just isn't strong enough. Please let me know. Thanks.

Not really sure why she changed it. But since you're basically switching Retin-A for Tazorac, I wouldn't worry about having an initial breakout because you already went through one. Good luck and remember to moisturize and wear sun protection!

In my opinion, I don't think so. You'll just get a lot more flaking /irritation; maybe a zit or two from that. Tazorac is the big gun of retinoids. It's the first retinoid I used but I didn't even have an initial breakout. I may have been one of the lucky ones though.

I really don't think it's anything to worry about :) It works faster than Retin-A too.